Used 2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
By RON MEISLER on 07/19/05 14:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

All of the accolades about this truck are well deserved. I was waiting for a truck like this to hit the market for several years. I traded in my 1986 GMC pickup truck which I purchased new in 1986.

Awesome!!
By Nick on 07/11/05 16:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great Truck!! I got the V6 w/ the 6 speed manual transmission and the sport package. It is a little smaller than a late model F-150 but it is not afraid to be a truck. I took it to San Diego for a week and got tons of looks.

Gotta love it!
By Vu on 07/11/05 04:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Only put 200 miles on the truck so far but had loads of fun doing it. I opted for the TRD Offroad Package and have had a great time running over and thru anything I can find. It has everything you can want - the power, looks, performance, and driveability!

I love my Taco!
By drg on 07/01/05 19:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Got the Prerunner, Access, 4 cyl, manual. Ordered it. Great styling inside & out. This is my first Toyota & I'm very impressed, tho I feel shafted by the dealer. The prerunner concept is great - the looks of 4WD w/o the cost. Only problem is the clutch pedal is killing my calf. The pedal throw is way too much - my heel hits the floorboard before the clutch is 1/2 way depressed so I have to point my toes to the extreme in order to shift. Shoulda got an automatic! The dealer can't tell me if the pedal is adjustable unless I bring it in. Got it for 1% over invoice but the dealer said I couldn't order VSC. Toyota should ditch the dealers and let people order straight from the factory!

Cheap interior
By Alberto on 06/26/05 11:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

This truck has a very cheap interior. The seats are very uncomfortable and the seating position if poor. I,m dissatisfied with this truck, and very disappointed after all the hype and good things I,ve heard about this truck before I bought it. I am definately going to sell it or trade for a truck with a better interior and more comfort. I am not impressed with the gas mileage either, with 19-20 miles per gallon around town.

05 Taco 4x4
By Cboels84 on 06/23/05 10:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have been nothing but impressed by this truck so far. It is very well built and thought out, Toyota got all the details right. It has an ample amount of power, the 6-speed shifts smoothly, it sticks to the road like it's on rails, Heat/AC works very well, the stereo sounds great, and the 4-wheel capability is unmatched. I'm getting 17 mpg city and 20 mpg Hwy. After comparing it to the other trucks on the market, the Tacoma is easily the best buy.

Great but annoying too
By BobM on 06/21/05 11:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Overal this is a very comfortable PU. I replaced a Toyota PU with 210,000 miles only because of rust. Problem already with the Tacoma. Purchased vehicle 6 months ago and I have replaced the rear bumper twice already due to rust in the corners under the license plate. The third bumper shows the rust popping through already. V6 automatic gets 16 MPG combined local and over the road. I saw no difference. Loud! Don't plan on listening to the radio while driving the interstate (you get 6 speakers but need 12). I hate the expression "It's a truck, what do you expect!". My last "truck" was quiet! The sound of rushing air almost puts you to sleep on a long trip. Constantly over steering.

Outstanding Truck
By TacoMan on 06/12/05 15:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Would have rathered a Tundra but still very much satisified with my Tacoma Prerunner. The seats seem to be coming apart. TRD Sport

AWESOME TACOMA
By PRIMO on 06/07/05 14:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 7th Toyota, but my first truck and I'm loving it! I did my homework before purchasing and I have not been disappointed.

I love my Tacoma!
By boone88rr on 06/02/05 10:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've only had my truck for about a month now. It's fantastic. I thought it wouldn't be as exciting as driving my BMW but it is! I'm still "breaking-in" the engine and the gas mileage improves everyday. I test drove the 4 cylinder and it had great power but as soon as I drove the V6, I couldn't go back. It's a rocket on the road and I can't wait to take it 4x4-ing on the beach and the 4 wheel drive will come in handy if we have another winter like the last one here in the Northeast. It's my first brand new car/truck so I've definitely been babying it. My girlfriend is a little jealous. It wasn't named "2005 Truck of the Year" for nothing!