Used 2005 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Tacoma

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Best Truck I've ever owned
By KC

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my truck as a demo model in 2006. It has been flawless. I have always owned domestic trucks in the past, mostly Fords. The build quality of the domestics pale in comparison to my Tacoma. I have 45,000 miles and every panel is as tight as the day I bought it. No squeaks, rattles, or faulty interior pieces. I absolutely love my truck, and can't imagine parting with it, unless I was replacing it with a new Tacoma.

Favorite Features

Looks, power, comfort (I added the Liquicell leather seats), utility, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

My only gripe is I wish the stereo had an iPod jack and better speakers. we own a 2007 Yaris that cost less than half the price, and it has an iPod jack and better sound!

Love My Baby
By Terri

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have dreamed about owning a Toy Truck since 1985 when Back To The Future came out. My parents got one back in the early 90s and I was insanely jealous and so when I totaled my car I got another car but my heart was set on the truck so I said I only have this one life so I broke down and bought it. I love how I feel when I'm driving and I get so many compliments on it and her name is Bagheera. She is a dream come true and I have never been happier.

Favorite Features

I love the exterior it is so regal and stylish, it commands respect. I love that you get the feeling of being in a big truck but you don't have that big truck price.

Suggested Improvements

I detest the seats. The cloth is uncomfortable and ugly. I would rather it be one type of material and soft. I hate that she guzzles gas. There are so many other suvs out there that get better mileage and I wish that she would get better mileage.

Solid truck
By glen

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I would recommend this truck to anyone. Good power & handling , good fuel mileage. It's an excellent truck overall.

Favorite Features

Power, comfort, good offroad.

Suggested Improvements

An avaiable sunroof & leather interior would be nice.

Amazing
By Matt

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love my Tacoma it has handled everything that I could throw at it, including carrying a 7200 fully loading trailer, as well as 1800 pounds in the bed. (Not at the same time). All in all I am very impressed with my truck, and wouldn't get anything else.

Suggested Improvements

I think that in the future Toyota should offer a v8 option possibly the older Tundra engine?

Just what I wanted
By Toyota John

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Looked at every truck available and almost got a Honda. The Toy was not as nice but much more fun to drive. I'm on the fwy every day in LA traffic and love the 6 speed, original tires have 65k and will last another 8K months, clutch is solid as the first day. Overall quality is first rate. Interior room is fine but not spacious. I am 6'4" and my sons are 6'5" and they love to drive it. Plan to buy the exact same when youngest son takes this. Toyota no longer sells a 6 speed in SoCal so I'll go out state to get one.

Favorite Features

I'm a big guy 6'4" 250 lbs, seats are outstanding, no back pain after hours of LA traffic. Love the 6 speed, takes the boredom out of the drive.

Suggested Improvements

Complaints; you can't read the radio in day light with the lights on wearing sun glasses and since I'm on the road 4 hrs a day it matters. Storage box in bed vibrates open and spills whatever is inside which then blows away. Needs more interior storage although it's not bad. Fix the red lighting.