Used 2005 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Great Truck
By Sold

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Love everything about this truck.

Love the electronic limited slip differential feature for wisconsin winters. With some weight in the back, no need for 4-wheel drive for the average driver. Love the composite box.

none

Best Truck I've ever owned
By KC

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my truck as a demo model in 2006. It has been flawless. I have always owned domestic trucks in the past, mostly Fords. The build quality of the domestics pale in comparison to my Tacoma. I have 45,000 miles and every panel is as tight as the day I bought it. No squeaks, rattles, or faulty interior pieces. I absolutely love my truck, and can't imagine parting with it, unless I was replacing it with a new Tacoma.

Looks, power, comfort (I added the Liquicell leather seats), utility, reliability.

My only gripe is I wish the stereo had an iPod jack and better speakers. we own a 2007 Yaris that cost less than half the price, and it has an iPod jack and better sound!

Love My Baby
By Terri

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have dreamed about owning a Toy Truck since 1985 when Back To The Future came out. My parents got one back in the early 90s and I was insanely jealous and so when I totaled my car I got another car but my heart was set on the truck so I said I only have this one life so I broke down and bought it. I love how I feel when I'm driving and I get so many compliments on it and her name is Bagheera. She is a dream come true and I have never been happier.

I love the exterior it is so regal and stylish, it commands respect. I love that you get the feeling of being in a big truck but you don't have that big truck price.

I detest the seats. The cloth is uncomfortable and ugly. I would rather it be one type of material and soft. I hate that she guzzles gas. There are so many other suvs out there that get better mileage and I wish that she would get better mileage.

Solid truck
By glen

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I would recommend this truck to anyone. Good power & handling , good fuel mileage. It's an excellent truck overall.

Power, comfort, good offroad.

An avaiable sunroof & leather interior would be nice.

Amazing
By Matt

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love my Tacoma it has handled everything that I could throw at it, including carrying a 7200 fully loading trailer, as well as 1800 pounds in the bed. (Not at the same time). All in all I am very impressed with my truck, and wouldn't get anything else.

I think that in the future Toyota should offer a v8 option possibly the older Tundra engine?

• SUV