2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Wasn't worth the wait
By Rob on 12/17/05 10:31 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Ordered mine took 9 weeks to get-sport model with 17" tires. Website said locking differential-according to dealer after I received -not available on long bed. Truck is way overrated as far as what it will do--quality of build is good but has had its share of warranty problems-three times to dealer so far for rattles-tough to keep 17 inchers balanced. Sport interior is kinda plain for 30 grand-but so are most toyotas.

Very satisfied with new Tacoma
By CGLombard on 12/14/05 12:31 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Tacoma is a very solid and well designed truck. I did exhaustive research (considered every truck available) for 1 full year prior to deciding to buy the Tacoma. I am very satisfied and certain I made the best choice. I needed a truck that was tough, reliable, economical (as reasonably possible), suitable for family transport (wife w/ 2 kids), with respectable load/towing specs. The sport-shift style transmission is great for towing as it (almost) allows the same level of control that a manual does. The Tacoma is a sensible, all- around great truck. It does everything well. It just looks solid/tough and actually is based upon my experience thus far.

Best Truck Ever
By Adrian on 11/29/05 19:35 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best truck I've ever had. Looks great, runs great and everyone wants one. Increased horsepower and the composite bed make this the best truck on the road.

I Love it!!!
By Trips on 11/23/05 09:31 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

What a great truck. Its beatiful, fun to drive and will probably last forever. Great acceleration, nice braking and handling. I got the upgraded JBL stereo and it sounds great. TRD sport package with the scoop on the hood looks killer. Fuel mileage is pretty good. I do a lot of in city driving and usually average around 18mpg, probably would be better if didnt like letting all horsepower loose. Its just so darn quick that I have to open it up every chance I get. I'm heading to Florida this week so I'll test the highway mileage to see if I get the advertised 22 mpg.

My Tacoma
By Brenda Evans on 11/16/05 13:06 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My former truck was a V-8 Tundra, till my son put it through two trees doing 65MPH and managed to walk away. My Tacoma is a shortbed. Gas mileage isn't great but better than the Tundra, and it seems just as powerful with the new V-6. I've got the towing package and have towed with it happily a couple of times. 7000 miles so far and very pleased. My only objection is that I would have liked to have a manual transmission and Toyota doesn't put them in their double cabs. The composite bed is very nice, and I've already used the rails and removable clips several times. I also like the storage compartments behind the seat in back.

My Toyota PreRunner Sport
By Robert Akers on 11/16/05 06:34 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck has loads of power and rides comfortably. The dash and instrument panel is easy to read along with all the easy use of the accessories. Plenty of leg room for passengers in the front and rear.

Ol' Trusty
By Steven on 11/15/05 19:46 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have been driving vehicles of all makes for years now. This is, BY FAR, the BEST vehicle I have ever owned. It has the most superior build quality ie: no squeaks or rattles, and is great looking too! All of the body lines are perfect too! Its performance is second to none (Even the V-8 Dakota can't out perform this V-6...if you don't believe this, then read all of the reviews.) The ride quality is superb, and the handling is right on the mark. Best of all it's a Toyota!

Great Ride
By Phil Jones on 11/13/05 08:30 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Truck drives like a car and v-6 gets on it like a v-8. The only thing I see is that the passenger shoulder belt makes noise as it hits the side of the door when not in use and you hit a bump or on a bumpy road. You have to take the head rest off the rear seats to fold down but thats only a lazy thing. Besides that, it was well worth giving my 93 Toy truck to my son and getting this 2005 Tacoma. By far the best and most fun vehicle I've ever had.

Driving one will make you want one!
By Alex Rohmer on 11/04/05 16:19 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first truck, and I have got to say that it is the funnest vehicle I have owned. I have always had sport sedans/coupes but this time decided on a truck. This truck is sportier and as good handling as any car I've owned. Plus, I can off-road with it. Get lots of looks from pretty babes and jealous dudes! Comfort, ride, quality are great! Gas mileage is good being a V6 4x4. Great versatile to the hilt, utility/elegant/4 passangers/etc. You can do everything in this truck :) The interiors are great, the stereo is extraordinary with deep rich bass and clear and crisp trebble. A must have all round complete vehicle.

Back to Toyota
By Lisco on 11/02/05 18:35 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned and driven trucks of all makes, mid-size and full size. My wife will drive nothing but Toyota cars. My most recent truck was a new design mid-size domestic model and I was very disappointed, most notably the fuel economy. I did not want another full size truck because I use one for everyday use and not for work. The new double cab Tacoma long bed suits my needs. I have owned it for one month and driven over 3,200 miles on the open road, hilly back roads, and city, and did so at 22 mpg for the month. It is good to be back in a Toyota.