2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Great Truck!
By A Campbell on 10/05/05 23:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just bought this vehicle, my fourth. Really enjoy driving it, although the steering wheel seems a little low. Need to be able to adjust more.The leg room could also be a little more roomier as the brake pedal is kind of close to the gas. Guess I'll get use to it since I traded my 2003 in!

My Toy
By Phillip on 09/23/05 16:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great truck coming from a 1985 GMC Sierra. The gas mileage is great and it is a great truck to all over the place. I really love this truck

Truck of the year
By Superman_54 on 09/03/05 19:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This truck is awesome. I get so many compliments of the truck and the color I chose which is speedway blue. It stands out in a crowd of all types of vehicles and it has the power to pass all of them. Gas mileage is pretty bad though. It handles quite well off road with its TRD suspension and fairly high stock ground clearance. It beats all of its competition in most categories. and its a Toyota.

Best truck ever
By LunarEclipseGSX on 08/23/05 11:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've driven dozens of vehicles from sports cars to turbo-diesel heavy duty trucks, and this Tacoma is the best of both worlds. Not only can I haul (literally) a ton of material, but I can easily tow another fully laden Tacoma. The interior is simple, yet sophisticated, and it simply looks better than any other truck on the road. It's not the best on gas mileage, but I'm only noticing cuz my previous vehicle was a 1.6L Sentra. This is a great overall vehicle and I highly recommend it, unless you're on a tight fuel budget.

The Perfect Truck
By Gozz on 08/19/05 23:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The V6 6spd manual has fulfilled every expectation I had excluding the lack of floor tie downs at the front of the bed. I have been getting 19-20 mpg, which is fantastic considering my last vehicle was a 1500 Dodge Ram that averaged 12-13 mpg. The truck has a great ride and plenty of power when you ask for it. If you are looking for a great truck, and considering a Tacoma, you are looking in the right direction!

I love this thing
By bodie61lb on 08/17/05 20:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab X-Runner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The truck is great. Excellent interior and comfort. The look of the truck is awesome. I have people come up to me all the time and ask me what kind of truck it is. Now I'm just waiting on the supercharger to come out.

best vehicle ever bought
By rolo on 08/03/05 21:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab X-Runner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Ever since i saw this truck at the dealership i fell in love with it. It's got anawesome design, it's fast and it handles great in corners. By far a very good purchase

Great Truck
By TDADDY on 07/29/05 00:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Its a great truck with a good deal of power, room, and comfort, im very happy with the purchase.

Toyota quality
By Carl on 07/26/05 21:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

7 months and no problems. Fun to drive everywhere with the the new steering layout, Have trouble keeking away from wife, she likes the power and ride. BETTER THAN THE AVALON. Love the comfort of seats on long trips to coast and mountains. Interior well thought out and love back area for secure storeage. Would buy another.

Randy's Blue X-Runner
By Randy on 07/24/05 13:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab X-Runner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I am very impressed with the build quality and the design detail of the Tacoma. It seems that each time I look at the truck I notice more lines in the exterior design. One thing that I can not get over is the amount of attention I get in the Tacoma X-Runner. No matter where I go people come up and ask about the truck.