2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
I Love it !
By Eby on 02/04/06 22:29 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

this is my first Tacoma truck, and second toyota vehicle after my 2004 Sienna. I'm getting 19-20 mileage (Hwy) on my truck which i expect from a toyota.Exterior and Interior design's are really fantastic. High ride, really good control and fast pick up. My wife who hates trucks loves this, that says all.

Only A Toyota.....
By lighteninglarry on 01/28/06 12:25 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Very pleased with this truck,almost bought the Dodge/w hemi but so glad I did not!! Plenty of room for three kids,had an 04 double cab TRD but to stiff & to small. At first my wife liked the 04, but drove the 05 and loves it! No doubt best truck on the market today!!

Vibrating Tacoma
By kdea on 01/23/06 18:32 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am overall happy with my Tacoma, unfortunately my vehicle has an on going engine vibration problem. I have been back to the dealer 5 times with no end in site. I have only had the truck for 3.5 months. Don't believe that imports are trouble free.

Love my Tacoma
By Pb2theMax on 01/18/06 20:21 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have put 10k miles on my 05 DoubleCab Sport TRD. I haven't had any problems. No paint chips, leaks, or squeeks. The ride is great, for a truck. The engine is great and really accelerates off the line. The engine has a slight "tick" from the valve-train. Toyota says this is normal, but mine went away once I put on some mileage, replaced the stock oil filter with a Mobil 1 M-102 for better oil flow. I also switched to Amsoil synthetic. The Auto trans seems to get as good or better MPG than the Manual trans. I have gotten as much as 24 MPG. The computer will adjust accordingly to how you drive.

Very Happy With This Truck!
By Russ on 01/18/06 18:39 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After 15 months of driving, I still grin from ear to ear when I climb into it! Gas mileage is great for a truck with this type of power. Wheelbase with 4 doors and the 6ft bed makes it tough to park but I'll live with that minor annoyance. I simply can't say enough about the quality and detail of the Tacomas. It feels like it will last forever. I did a lot of research in this segment before buying and when you educate yourself, you'll see that this is the right truck, hands down.

Great Truck
By Lukky on 01/13/06 14:31 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have wanted a truck for a while now and I did good to wait for this Tacoma after my ’99 Intrepid’s engine blew up. Excellent comfort in quad cab and my baby loves to sleep while I drive. The rev is low enough to keep the ride quite. The dog can finally go with me anywhere even while I put 8 snowboards in the long bed (great place to hang out as well). While not a gas eater like an 8 cyl, the TRD sport package engine is powerful enough for me to have towed a suburban with engine problem up and down hill in NC! It has averaged about 21 mpg with about 90% highway driving. I paid a little more for the roof rack and the side rails, but the look is very well worth it.

Great Vehicle!
By TCS on 01/08/06 23:54 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just about everything you'd want except for heated seats and an upgraded stereo/gps system. Averaging 20mpg... sweet engine transmission combo. TRD Package.

Compliment getter
By larry on 12/28/05 11:23 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have the speedway blue with the sport package this has the hood scoop. I have people walk up to me all of the time to coment on the color and style of my truck. This makes you feel really good. I spend a lot of time on the highways around phoenix so I already know it looks good now the performance and comfert is outstanding. When I punch the gas at 70 mph it still sets me back in my seat. I am in my forties and have had a lot of cars and trucks and my tacoma is by far my favorate.

Retired ASE Auto & Truck Master Tech
By K. R. Coleman on 12/28/05 03:02 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

One hard working truck. All ways carries 1/4 ton Plus of emerg equip + supplies Fitted with RAIDER fiber glass canopy. Regularlly hauls a 6,000 lb hydraulic dump trailer. I contract out to the Forest service for supply hauls into the Idaho back country. During hunting season I made daily trips from 1800ft el to 5,000- 7000ft el. on back country narrow rough dirt roads. So far I have had no repairs needed. The 4X4 system with full time rear limited slip has not failed me yet. The V6 with the 5spd Auto is excellent at handling loads on steep down hill tracks just use it like a stick, it's better then a stick! I am actually getting 17-21 mpg. Does every thing Toyota claimed.

Domestic auto makers take note!
By David Wilson on 12/17/05 10:48 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have been a die hard Ford fan for nearly 20 years. My last vehicle was a 1999 Ford F150 supercab. I loved that truck until after a 100k miles it cost me approx. $5000. in repairs. I purchased a reman transmission and it failed me 2 times in approx. 3 weeks. I decided to purchase a 2005 Toyato Tacoma, because of the rave reviews! I am very pleased with the appearance of the truck, the room of the interior is much better than the Ford. The gas mileage is great, I have had the truck for almost a month now, and love looking down at the trip odometer when I have put 220 miles on a tank and still have 3/8 left, my ford would already need fuel. I believe that I could not of made a better choice!