2005 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Great Truck
By Bob Steele on 12/19/06 10:29 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

A great mid-size truck. With 4-cylinder, plenty of power. A LOT of power from stop to 60 MPH. Handles great. Comfort is very good. The new bed design is awesome. I hope they will not change this. Fuel economy is very acceptable. Have not had any problems with this truck. If I could change anything it would be to have had the option to add fog lights and running lights - really should be standard equipment, for safety reasons!

Fine vehicle
By bob brandis on 12/07/06 23:17 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

25,000... no problems, but did not have towing electrical harness as described in manual, had to purchase for 90 dollars and was difficult to install at fuse box. Towed 3,500 gross lb trailer loaded to max 800 miles no problems. Plenty of power, handles great and is comfortable. Compared to my 2002, greatly improved is a/c and handling/ride. Alarm is not too sensitive as in 2002. Size is nice midsize, has all I need and works well. A little wind noise, but overall is quiet. It's a keeper.

TO GET IT PERFECT
By Bob on 12/06/06 07:58 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

At the time this little beauty was unmatched in the market place. Probably still is. However, to make it perfect, for guys who are not small, the seat could be larger for better leg support, the noise level, was really noticable from my Sport Trac and the suspension bottoms out way to often over large bumps that can occur on our nations rail track crossings.

Satisfied
By Jordan on 11/23/06 03:40 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this truck because I needed something to haul stuff for gardening, home improvements, etc. I was sick of putting things in the trunk of my car. I wanted a truck with good mileage and styling. I didn't want to pay a lot. This truck accomplished all of this. At 6'4" tall, it was also the most comfortable, compact truck I could find.

Tough to beat
By Don Megby on 11/20/06 17:18 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this truck for a work vehicle, I pull trailers, tow tractors, and in general work it like a big dog. It is tough to beat, and I practically have moved my office into the truck, the elec outlet in the bed has been a blessing. Toyota outdid themselves on this!

2005 Tacoma
By 05 TACOMA on 11/19/06 10:56 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I think the build quality of the previous generation tacoma is much greater. I have had dashboard problems with mine, engine ticking problems, cigarette lighter port problems, and door panel problems. All of this within the first 10,000 miles. My 1997 tacoma had 147,000 miles on it when I sold it, and I had not as much as one problem.

'05 tacoma TRD sport 4x4
By kyle on 11/19/06 09:12 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've always wanted a tacoma and I'm sure I picked the best tacoma yet! With its outstanding reputation, I can't wait to drive it for years to come. It's a great truck!

Don't be fooled
By Dan on 11/08/06 10:40 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My father always said, never buy the first year of a new model or redesigned model and I didn't listen to him. This truck has had so many problems I can't even count them. It has been in the shop repeatedly since day one. To this day, I still can't get anyone to admit that the exhaust sounds like it has a leak. I thought I was buying quality, but I was fooled. Don't be. Buy a 2007 or later. By all they have learned about mine, those next years should be great!

An Awesome Truck
By Christopher Lukasz on 11/03/06 02:04 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The best truck I ever owned, I have about 15000 miles on it now and its still feels like it brand new. Only problem that I had was the rear springs were making noise but all they need was a little grease and now they're good as new. I highly recomend this truck to anybody, I think it's the best truck out there right now.

Best ever
By Doc J on 10/15/06 07:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned a number of Toyota trucks in the past. All have been excellent with incredible trade-in value. This one is the best ever. Roomy, solid, plenty of power, 6 forwards, bed tie downs, protected bed, much bigger extra cab, great sound system, easy to red dash, plenty of leg/head room and a large feeling cab (not closed in). Head lamps seem brighter and flash rather than stay on all the time. I love the vehicle.