2005 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Amazing
By Matt on 12/08/07 14:09 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love my Tacoma it has handled everything that I could throw at it, including carrying a 7200 fully loading trailer, as well as 1800 pounds in the bed. (Not at the same time). All in all I am very impressed with my truck, and wouldn't get anything else.

Just what I wanted
By Toyota John on 11/20/07 16:37 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Looked at every truck available and almost got a Honda. The Toy was not as nice but much more fun to drive. I'm on the fwy every day in LA traffic and love the 6 speed, original tires have 65k and will last another 8K months, clutch is solid as the first day. Overall quality is first rate. Interior room is fine but not spacious. I am 6'4" and my sons are 6'5" and they love to drive it. Plan to buy the exact same when youngest son takes this. Toyota no longer sells a 6 speed in SoCal so I'll go out state to get one.

I LOVE MY TRUCK!!!!!
By AnneS on 11/11/07 16:51 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love my Tacoma. I opted for the 4 cylinder 4x4, manual transmission. Its fun to drive, and does pretty well on gas, except in the winter when my mpg takes a nosedive to about 17-19 (from about 22-24). We just put new tires on it because the tires that came with it weren't too good in the snow of upstate NY. This truck is perfect sized for me, at 5 feet 3 inches. My husband who is 6-2 also fits in it nicely, and can even ride in the back seats for shorter trips. We can fit everything we need, including the dog, for a weekend at camp in the cab of the truck.

Revolutionary!!
By Stevo on 11/03/07 18:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have to say, I am so impressed with my new truck. I have been driving BMWs for the last five years and coming out of a 40K car to a truck I was not expecting the luxury drive as well as the power and handling. WOW! What an extraordinary driving machine. I love it so much. The TRD package is worth every penny! I am absolutely impressed with it and can't wait to plan some fishing trips.

05 X-Runner Awesome!
By baddaddy on 10/17/07 10:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab X-Runner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Saw the X-Runner at the San Diego International auto show, immediately started searching. Had to wait for one to arrive, ended up being the first non speedway blue one in CA, or so I was told. Love it. Handling surprises many "sports car" drivers. Weak link was stereo, so I upgraded it. I get more looks than new Corvettes. Have not gotten this many thumbs up and comments since I owned my 66 GTO.

Look at FRAME first !!!!
By yomama on 09/18/07 05:23 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I am the owner of 2005 reg cab 4x4. It has a huge problem with rust on the frame. The rust is not all the way thru but it already has started and I have never seen rust like this so early. Frame actually looks as if it belongs to a truck 20 years old! I would only recomend this truck to someone living in a very dry area. I will not purchase another Toyota because of this. How safe can it be to drive down highway with nothing holding the truck together? I wish I would have known before purchase. Too bad, I get over 25 mpg with A/C on in city!

Owned them all and by far this is #1
By donzi2005 on 08/09/07 21:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I speak from experience. Owned 86 SR5 22RET 4x4 (300K+), 91 SR5 4x4 (200K+), 96 T100 4x4, 96 4runner Limited, 95 Tacoma 4x4 (75K), 96 Tacoma 4x4 (75K). 99 Toy 4x4 Ext Cab (100K) As you can see I spent many a miles behind the wheel of a Toyota truck. Bought my 2005 to tow a 22' boat. Already after year and half put 30K miles on it. By far the best looking all around driveable Toyota truck I have ever owned. Towing and overall drivability is above all others. Long-distance HWY trips are now a dream. Reliability is always A+. The only thing I have to do with this truck is change the oil and air filter. See below for my few negative comments.

05 Tacoma DC-LB 4x4
By jknutson on 03/22/07 11:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Tacoma (first was a 97 ext. cab 4x4), and WOW what a machine! The '97 was rock solid, and so far, the '05 has been just as good. The ride is smooth (w/ long wheelbase), the 4.0L and 5spd tranny is awesome, the 4x4 system works flawlessly, the interior/exterior styling is so much better than the competition IMO. It is everything you would expect from a 28K truck. The only minor complaint I would have is some wind noise at speeds of 65+. MPG is very good for a truck this size (18-20 mpg). Would highly recommend any Tacoma truck!! Tacoma = workhorse.

Awesome Truck
By David on 02/02/07 13:32 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 5th truck and I couldn't be happier with the vehicle. The wider body, fuel economy, and tow capacity make it an excellent compromise to a full size pickup. It offers all of the creature comforts and handles like a car in town. The TRD package with locking differential make it a capable off road vehicle. Performance is surprisingly strong even at altitudes above 10,000 feet.

Woman who loves her Tacoma!
By Tacoma Woman on 01/21/07 17:24 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my certified used Tacoma in October '06 after a Denver snowstorm left me unable to exit my driveway w/my current car. I've wanted one of these trucks since I was 15 (I'm 41 now). It's been the best decision I ever made (besides divorcing my husband!). This truck handles so well, has so much power and is so fun to drive, I only wish I'd bought one sooner! Gas mileage isn't bad either. I really am a woman who loves her Tacoma!