2005 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Happy w/ 05 Toyota Tacoma Dbl Cab L-Bd
By From Highway to Mtns on 12/01/04 21:21 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

No buyers remorse here. I put 275K on my last Toyota truck and have every expectation of doing it again with my PK package Double Cab Long Bed. With 1500 miles on the truck, I'm getting 21 mpg on the highway and 17 city. I'm using the recommend 91 octane; even though the dealer said 87 would do. The truck is an eye-catcher, getting comments everywhere it goes. I would be comfortable taking on the town for a black-tie affair or into the mountains, as I did this past weekend, for climbing trails and hauling wild-game.

great 05 tacoma
By benjos on 11/29/04 11:42 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

so far great truck...more stable,more room,& great new options as compared to my 04 tacoma... only setback so far is clunking noise coming from area around the front shocks when hitting a bump or pothole...dealership looking into pro- blem...need more volume from standard sound system.

x-runner rocks
By gijoe on 11/27/04 20:57 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab X-Runner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great handling and nice free flow exhaust notes. Mileage is good for this size and power. Had only one fillup so far and went 320 miles on a little less than 16 gallons. Love the close ratios in the 6-speed.

Best Truck
By Off Road Boy on 11/26/04 20:20 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck is very good. I am normally not a Toyota fan. The older models looked very cheap. But the newly modeled Tacoma changes my mind. The truck is powerful, quite, and very handsome. This truck is well worth buying. =)

The Best Compact Truck Ever
By Gio on 11/26/04 11:02 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The new Toyota Tacoma 2005 is the best compact truck ever. The handling is impressive for the siza of the truck. the 4.0L V6 is amazing for a small engine. The truck is one of a kind. The gas mileage is great. I reccommend this truck to a true truck lover.

overall a great truck
By jays99taco on 11/26/04 11:01 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I sold my 1999 taco and got the 05. Love this truck. The 4.0 is powerfull and the difference from the 3.4 is night and day. The access cab is the #1 reson I wanted this truck. styling is a bit contemporary but it fits the truck well. I have the sport seats and they are comfortable. The TRD off road pkg is awesome. The truck definitely is larger on the exterior and the interior is very spacious. My father is 6'4" tall and he is very comfortable in this truck. The composit bed is a great Idea. I will have to see how it holds up. Take one for a drive and see for your self.

very good truck
By murillo1047 on 11/25/04 21:01 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

very strong truck and much better truck than chevy and ford better quality

This truck is AWESOME
By 05xman on 11/23/04 01:11 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab X-Runner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

For 24k this truck rocks. I love it.

Midsize Champ?
By Russell Watts on 11/17/04 17:28 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

On my third tank of gas and loving the truck more with every mile. Very smooth, quiet and comfortable. My wife and I test drove many midsize/compacts and a few full size trucks before this one but we both knew the new Tacoma was the truck for us when we saw/drove it. We've always wanted a midsize truck with room for adults in the back seat and with a six foot box. Finally, that truck arrived. Thanks Toyota! Nissan, if you listening, put a six foot box on your redesigned Quad Cab Frontier if you want to compete. Dodge missed the boat on this one again with the '05 Quad Cab Dakota.

Competitors, start your rebates...
By aszdp98t nup;sdxc on 11/17/04 13:49 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent quality, nice ride, great cornering. This is simply the best of 3 trucks I've owned to date.