Used 2005 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Tacoma

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

After much research
By Doug

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

First, let me say that I have done a great deal of research of this truck and it was worth it. I took a long weekend trip after purchasing it and the ride was not only smooth, but comfortable. Toyota designers came up with a very ergonomical interior with loads of hidden space for extras. The visibility for the drive is great once you get used to the length of the hood and bed.(It took me about a good week!) A suprise to me was the acceleration. It is so quiet that you do not realize that you accelerated until you look down and see the speedometer. Overall, this is a great truck.

Favorite Features

I love the turning radius of this truck and the way it handles downhill mountain roads. The rear seats that double as tables is a plus especially if you travel alot and the best feature I like is the elec. socket in the bed. Can you say scary DVD movies in the woods?

Suggested Improvements

The turn signals can be a little louder and the temp/direction and time indicators can be brighter in the day. Also, a armrest would be nice especially for us height challenged individuals, but these are minor compared to the overall quality of the truck. Thanks Edmunds & Toyota!!!

what a great 1st truck!
By phil

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am very impressed. I drive a 2005 Mercedes 320 CLK Cabriolet for my everyday driver, but this truck is becoming my favorite ride! The wife & I "fight" over who will drive it to work. We got the speedway blue, with the TRD offroad upgrade, and get compliments wherever we go. Love the Toyota quality & reliability. I expect this truck to last us for many years.

Favorite Features

lots of storage & cupholders. Can tow more than I'll need. Enough power to quickly get up to highway speed. Powerful AC for extra hot Las Vegas summers.

Suggested Improvements

GPS Navigation I've grown used to in my other cars.

Awesome!!
By Nick

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great Truck!! I got the V6 w/ the 6 speed manual transmission and the sport package. It is a little smaller than a late model F-150 but it is not afraid to be a truck. I took it to San Diego for a week and got tons of looks.

Favorite Features

The sport package adds higher suspension and a hood scoop to the list of great features.

Suggested Improvements

The only issue I have had is a squeaky clutch pedal... I do like the rugged style of the 2005 but there is one thing that I didn't think of until I had bought the truck already. There is no bed light for being able to load the bed in the dark...

Gotta love it!
By Vu

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Only put 200 miles on the truck so far but had loads of fun doing it. I opted for the TRD Offroad Package and have had a great time running over and thru anything I can find. It has everything you can want - the power, looks, performance, and driveability!

Favorite Features

Ride height, performance & handling, and Toyota reliability.

Suggested Improvements

The foglight and locking rear differential buttons are literally right next to each other and I sometimes switch one or the other on by mistake. There's no lock on the glove box?

Best Truck
By Marc

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I did my homework and looked at all the competitors even full size. The new Tacoma is head and shoulders above all others. The ride, size and power combination is perfect for driving in SoCal. The truck looks and drives great. All of my friends are jealous. Toyota's reputation speaks for itself. It truly is a world class truck. Buy one you will not be disappointed!

Favorite Features

245 HP! Looks bitchin', hood scoop and big tires give it a really nice prerunner look, stereo sounds great, seats are comfy and interior is roomy yet it isn't too big.

Suggested Improvements

Power seats that raise/lower. My wife is real short and has trouble seeing over the dash and hood scoop.