2005 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Great Rig
By Harness on 01/22/05 09:43 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The truck is fun to drive and is just the right size, not too big or too small. The fuel economy could be better, but I understand the short- falls of having 4-wheel drive. The driver seat could have more thigh support and running boards/tube steps should come as standard equipment. Overall, I'm please with the rig and look to have it a long-time.

My first foreign
By Kimmy on 01/20/05 11:07 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love the new dash, the new bed is really nice, no need to buy a bed liner. I'm already getting 17 mpg city driving, it can only get better. Warms up in the matter of minutes. Can't lock my keys in it, the doors won't lock with the key in the ignition. I love it, rides really smooth. Feels like I'm in a car.

My life long dream come true
By tacoma momma on 01/16/05 13:39 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I have wanted a toyota ever since they were toys and this year I bought one right off the show room floor. It rides great and has plenty of leg room. The engine sounds good. The gas mileage is great, I have driven 265 miles and 3/4 of a tank. The outside is beautiful and well curved. The bed is awesome. The whole package is worth the price.

What a Feeling!!!
By MShep on 01/15/05 00:22 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this truck for just under a month now, and I must admit....I LOVE IT!!! I'm very happy with this truck, although there are a few things that "irk" me about it (see Suggested Improvements below). Like most, I am on a tight budget, and I wanted the most truck for the money. A Toyota, with 4 doors, AND a full sized bed for under 25K, I was sold. Now, I see it's the Motor Trend 2005 Truck of the Year....Wow, What a feeling!! The ride is smooth, quiet and pleasant. The interior & exterior is BEAUTIFUL (Sport Package...well worth the extra $$$). The electrical outlet & removable tie-downs in the bed are a nice touch too! Exceptional value! Highly recommended!

Redefined the old and set the standard
By Skylandry on 01/14/05 20:45 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned both the Nissan and Toyota crew cab pickups in 4wd with automatic. I moved from the Nissan to the Toyota for power and left the Toyota for comfort but I have returned and I am not disappointed. The redisgned fixed the ride comfort (ride and seat). The interior looks classy and is very functional. I have put 590 miles so far and got 18.3mpg on my first tank with mixed driving. The more I drive the 2005 Tacoma 4wd the better I like it. Ride, handling, quality and attention to the "little things" make this the best midsize truck on the market - hands down.

05 Tacoma sport 4 dr
By John on 01/14/05 00:23 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

It isnt a compact truck anymore the 05 has gotten a little larger it has a real aggressive look to it, it runs and drives like a car the v6 has lots of powerand gets decent mileage I have been averaging about 19-20 mpg with trafic, should do beter on the open highway . I was going to get a 2004 but drove them both and with 60 more horsepower it is a wolrd of difference, I got the prerunner with the sport package so it has all of the color keyed door handles and mirrors and I got it in Speedway Blue, a truly awsome color I get a lot of compliments on the truck.

Very nice truck
By Homer on 01/13/05 18:57 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My first toyota, and probably not my last. Quiet and smooth on the highway, compared to my old Silverado LT Z71. Ample acceleration, fuel economy isn't as advertised, but who's is?

A Better Tacoma
By Tom F. on 01/13/05 13:28 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I had a 1999 Tacoma and the 2005 is a much nicer truck in every respect. I am very happy with it so far. It has more power, more room, and a much nicer interior than the '99. The ride is very car like and the handling is very good. I got 24 mpg on the first tank of gas. The transmission shifts very smoothly and the brakes are strong. The composite box and movable tie down anchors are a very well done.

Huge Improvement over previous
By Skylandry on 01/10/05 16:36 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 2000 Frontier and a 2002 Tacoma crew cab 4wd. The 2005 is light years ahead of the both. Ride, comfort and inside finish are excellent. I compared it to the Nissan which had much to offer but the ride and seats were marginal. If you want a compact 4wd truck, the Tacoma is the best truck/value in the game. This truck is even great for long highway commutes. Only thing they need to add is the power window in the back like the Tundra.

not so bad
By Cleve Miller on 01/10/05 10:32 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

It's a good truck that has a lot of power behind it. Also it handles like a car unlike most trucks that handle like its an 18 wheeler. The interior design is futuristic and sporty. This thing is rugged and seems like it can take a lot of beating.