Used 2005 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews - 355 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Tacoma

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Beware of Delphi Battery
By John

2005 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Great truck; however, the GM parts contribution of the Delphi battery spewed battery acid all over the inner fender and hood. $836 (warranty paid) and two weeks later (in a rental car, also warranty paid) the body shop is still trying to repair the damage. So, including the battery the total cost to repair is about $1306, or 8% of the purchase price. Other than that I love the truck and can't wait until I get it back. I suggest not taking delivery until the GM battery is changed out.

Handles extremly well. Just fun to drive.

Eliminate the Delphi battery, use a metal clutch pedal to eliminate the plastic or composite pedal squeking as it flexes under load.

05 Tacoma Off Road
By nickotto7

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have only had it a few months but all seems like expected so far. Have one small rattle from engine compartment which sounds like a loose heat shield that I am going to get fixed in a day or two. Comfortable interior, very little road noise, handles like a car. So far so good.

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
By RON MEISLER

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

All of the accolades about this truck are well deserved. I was waiting for a truck like this to hit the market for several years. I traded in my 1986 GMC pickup truck which I purchased new in 1986.

I like the handling, powerful acceleration and towing capacity in the mountains. I also like the riding comfort on the highway and interior of the cab.

Deeper drop down seats in the rear of the cab.

I like my new truck
By Dominic

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I haven't had it that long yet however I just took a 2000 mi round trip towing a trailer and a bed load. The truck performed great. Plus it's nice around town.

The engine is powerfull for a 6 cyl and i really like the looks of the TRD sports package I got.

The interior lighting is hard to see during the day. The locks don't chirp like most new cars so I'm always wondering if the locks worked. I purchased the roof rack, the factory rack isn't adjustable and it needs to be.

One month in
By Adam

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The truck has performed well so far in every task that I have asked of it. The towing improvement over my last toyota pickup is amazing. I am still trying to keep my foot off of the gas to try and get the MPG up. The five speed auto tranny is great, but has a tendency to shift a lot when you have the cruise on. Way to go Toyota!

Improved power is the star of the day. The transmission is another feature that really stands out. The looks that you get from other drivers is great.

The steering wheel adjustments could really use another couple of inches movement in all directions.