2005 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Great Truck
By Michael on 03/23/05 05:59 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a prerunner with the SR5 package. 2 wheel drive, 5 spd., 4cyl. The fit and finish are the best of any truck I compared. The power is good and it's fun to drive. Very nice interior with lots of room. A very nice truck for little money with great gas mileage.

Quality Second to None
By Tacoma05 on 03/08/05 00:05 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've been looking for a truck for years before finally settling on the new Tacoma. The Nissans didn't drive well after a few years, and the older Toyotas didn't come with much in the way of standard features. I got a basic regular cab 4x4 with the 4 cylinder engine and 5 speed manual. For a very basic truck, it comes loaded with many things that make it fun to drive everyday (cd player, ABS, etc). I was skeptical about the "knob type" transfer case shifter, but it has worked seamlessly so far. Overall it's nice to be able to drive something that does what a truck should do, and still feel like a raised camry.

jt thunder's review
By jtthunder on 02/06/05 16:47 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Love this vehicle, everything is tight and works the way it should. Very Comfortable, and good manuverability. The "built-in" bed lining is an especially nice feature. Handles great in the snow and off road (and on the job site).

Nice Cheap Truck (Inexpensive)
By Glen on 01/25/05 10:18 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I was planning on buying a new Tacoma this year, I just happened to get lucky with the restyling for 2005. The truck looks as good as any truck out there, and looks like a "real" truck. Before making my decision I looked at used trucks of all kinds...outrageous prices for somebody elses high mileage monster. I was pleasently surprised to find I could buy a brand new Tacoma for around 16 Grand (people are selling their used Tacoma's for more). I got the PreRunner 4 cylinder because it was cheap and so am I, and I get the added benefit of good fuel mileage. Of course before receiving the truck I was concerned about H.P. envy, the truck has pleanty of power and drives great. No envy.

Powerfull 4 Cylinder!!!!
By Brad DEnnis on 01/23/05 09:48 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had this truck a short time but have already put 3000 miles on it and am averaging 24 mpg. with a 4wd. vehicle. The truck just seems to be getting more power and is probably the most powerful 4 cyl. truck I have ever driven!!

My life long dream come true
By tacoma momma on 01/16/05 13:39 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I have wanted a toyota ever since they were toys and this year I bought one right off the show room floor. It rides great and has plenty of leg room. The engine sounds good. The gas mileage is great, I have driven 265 miles and 3/4 of a tank. The outside is beautiful and well curved. The bed is awesome. The whole package is worth the price.