Used 2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Great Truck
By Sold

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Love everything about this truck.

Love the electronic limited slip differential feature for wisconsin winters. With some weight in the back, no need for 4-wheel drive for the average driver. Love the composite box.

none

Love My Baby
By Terri

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have dreamed about owning a Toy Truck since 1985 when Back To The Future came out. My parents got one back in the early 90s and I was insanely jealous and so when I totaled my car I got another car but my heart was set on the truck so I said I only have this one life so I broke down and bought it. I love how I feel when I'm driving and I get so many compliments on it and her name is Bagheera. She is a dream come true and I have never been happier.

I love the exterior it is so regal and stylish, it commands respect. I love that you get the feeling of being in a big truck but you don't have that big truck price.

I detest the seats. The cloth is uncomfortable and ugly. I would rather it be one type of material and soft. I hate that she guzzles gas. There are so many other suvs out there that get better mileage and I wish that she would get better mileage.

I LOVE MY TRUCK!!!!!
By AnneS

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love my Tacoma. I opted for the 4 cylinder 4x4, manual transmission. Its fun to drive, and does pretty well on gas, except in the winter when my mpg takes a nosedive to about 17-19 (from about 22-24). We just put new tires on it because the tires that came with it weren't too good in the snow of upstate NY. This truck is perfect sized for me, at 5 feet 3 inches. My husband who is 6-2 also fits in it nicely, and can even ride in the back seats for shorter trips. We can fit everything we need, including the dog, for a weekend at camp in the cab of the truck.

Storage compartments under the seats and in the bed. Composite bed. Nice rims. Easy to see out of. Easy and fun to drive.

Lighted 4x4 switch line in for aux or mp3 player on stereo better tires on non TRD models.

05 X-Runner Awesome!
By baddaddy

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab X-Runner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Saw the X-Runner at the San Diego International auto show, immediately started searching. Had to wait for one to arrive, ended up being the first non speedway blue one in CA, or so I was told. Love it. Handling surprises many "sports car" drivers. Weak link was stereo, so I upgraded it. I get more looks than new Corvettes. Have not gotten this many thumbs up and comments since I owned my 66 GTO.

Handling, handling, handling.

Offer better stereo. Can't hear the stock one when the windows are down.

Awesome Truck
By David

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 5th truck and I couldn't be happier with the vehicle. The wider body, fuel economy, and tow capacity make it an excellent compromise to a full size pickup. It offers all of the creature comforts and handles like a car in town. The TRD package with locking differential make it a capable off road vehicle. Performance is surprisingly strong even at altitudes above 10,000 feet.

Quiet ride and excellent handling on and off road. Also like the light-weight composite bed.

More interior color options. Light grey was the only color available at the time of purchase. Tan would have been my first choice.