2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Retiree Gift to Self
By Len on 09/04/06 22:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first truck and ownership has been alot of fun. It is getting used for its intended purpose, road trips and hauling. Definitely a head turner.

Truck Bed
By Beckff1 on 09/04/06 22:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love my truck but i have one problem, no lumber rack will fit on the new tacoma! want to know why? the new composit bed. Rack-It from SS CA, told me the bed will crak and fail. So what to do now? Like i said for hauling everyday dirt and small toys not a prob, but for get the avid weekend do-it yourselfer fenceing projects and long timber runs to lowes or home depot.

Awesome Truck
By Sean on 07/29/06 07:28 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Great truck to drive and enjoy. Very good off-road and easy to drive. The Tacoma is a wonderful step up for Toyota.

Overall beast!
By palermo on 07/19/06 11:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Smooth riding and big truck feel. Not a gas saving vehicle and only uses premium gasoline (more expensive).

Cool
By tacoma on 06/16/06 08:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned 4 Toyota trucks and 4-Runners. The Tacoma is by far the best. the new 4.0 V-6 has more than enough power even with two dirtbikes, full gear and four passangers. I love to beat the sport compact cars with it. The locking rear diff. works as well as I had hoped it would. The six disc changer and sound system works well with a variety of music. Gas mileage is not so great. I hope it improves with mileage. The six speed trans needs a little break-in time. over all, it really turns heads. Fun to drive!

Xrunner a fun ride
By Broward Xrunner on 06/03/06 06:58 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab X-Runner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned my Toyota Tacoma Xrunner since January. It's has been a joy to drive. The 4.0 is very nice with the six speed stick tranny. The hood scoop and low profile are excellent looks. The wide tires let this truck out corner many cars. I own 3 other trucks. Two are for work, the other is a full size Chevy. Well the Chevy just sits now. The Xrunner makes driving fun again. People love to talk to me about the truck. It really turns the heads.

Good looking truck not cost effective
By IT_guru on 05/26/06 21:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Exterior design makes it a good looking truck. I was complimented several times on its design. Fun to drive on weekends but looks are deceiving. It claims 18/22 but it was more like 16/20 with the 4x4 TRD. The bilstein shocks made for a hard drive. Clutch pedal replaced with only 9000 miles after making squeaking sounds. Extended cab rather cramped for adults but adequate for children. Expensive to maintain especially with the suggested 3000 miles oil change along with dealer's "suggested" preventative repairs.

05 trd 4x4 access cab v6 5speed auto
By bad man on 03/23/06 08:48 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

i have the trd off road with every availible option. i use for work and average 20mpg and have put over 40,000 miles in less than one year. every jobsite i go on people love the look of my truck! very cool truck with a great ride and lots of power. the power outlet in the bed is neat. i would like a light in the bed.

2005 Access Cab Big Disappointment
By A.S. on 03/14/06 10:43 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2005 Tacoma Prerunner with 4-cyl/5M new after doing a lot of research from forums, specification reports, and going on test-drives. This is the model that looks like a 4- wheel-drive and has an extended cab (they call it the access cab). I can now say after having it for 17,000 miles that I am very disappointed in it for two reasons: actual vs. posted fuel mileage and wind noise with the latter being the primary reason I am selling it. I wanted only one vehicle to commute to work and haul music equipment. It had to be of high quality, above 25mpg highway fuel rating, and have adequate storage space (I assumed the ride would be reasonably quiet as are competitors models).

Best vehicle I ever owned
By Nancy Meyers on 03/01/06 17:04 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Toyota is the leader in small trucks. From the molded truck bed (not metal) to every feature right down to comfort. I have a very bad back, and have never been in discomfort after a long drive. The handling is superb. I can get into and out of small parking spaces with no problem. The truck is built sturdy. Rides like a dream. Takes heavy rain/snow slick roads heavily and safely (a reminder to readers: Careful driving in any vehicle is the main key factor). Fuel economy is excellent. The service by Toyota has been beyond excellence, right down to the personal reminders I receive when maintenance is due. Safety features built in give me peace of mind.