2005 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Great Truck
By shock93 on 07/06/05 15:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the 2005 Toyota Tacoma Base with A/C and 15" wheels, have not owned it long but a great truck. I had a 1985 Toyota Truck bought new and put 150k on the clock. If you a looking for an inexpensive vehicle for a homeowner this is it.

Committed Toyota Driver
By Mark on 06/29/05 14:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third Toyota Pickup. They keep making their trucks better and better. The height makes you feel like it is a full size truck, but it's handling and manuverability lets you know it is compact. Love the composite bed. The power and acceleration in their 4 cyc. responds better than a lot of 6 cyls. They really know how to build engines. I've found as long as you keep up with the oil changes, you should not have any problems with Toyotas. One problem with it is I can be on the highway doing 65 mph and the truck is running so smooth and quiet, it takes me a minute to remember I forgot to shift out of third gear (not really a bad thing I guess). I recomend this truck to all my friends.

UGHHHH!!!!
By JJ on 06/26/05 08:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

While the truck does have towing capacity that is all it has, but it can't even do that at high speeds. Heck a golf cart can pull something, it just can't do it with any speed and neither can my Toyota truck. Gas milage is average for a truck. The interior is small compared to Mazda and Nissan. Also not very comfortable. Road noise is very loud. The body metal is even thinner than before and the vehicle can be dented just by leaning on it. Everything on a Toyota is an extra option costing you more money to upgrade. Toyota is relying on its name and reputation to sell there product instead of giving the customer options. I'm getting rid of my Toyota and getting a Nissan.

Third Toyota truck!
By Hobopoet on 06/25/05 07:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

In a word, excellent! I've driven trucks for a long time, American and Japanese, but this is the nicest! This is my third Toyota. I traded a 2001 Tundra for this one and I think I stepped up. This one will do everything I want done in a truck. I'm very pleased!

Another Tacoma
By frank452661 on 05/20/05 14:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I'm very pleased with this truck. My last, 2.4 manual, had 137,000, no problems. This is quiet, well built, one hwy trip netted 28.4mpg. Combined driving in the 26mpg range. More than enough power to tow trailer and 4- wheeler.

very satisfied
By mark campbell on 05/02/05 20:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

All positive. Tightly built, comfortable, all you would expect of Toyota quality.

Very Refined Truck
By Jason on 04/25/05 17:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have 2,500 miles on it so far, and have averaged 18-23 mpg. Very pleased with the torque output on such a small engine. Manuverable, and capable offroad, while still refined and quiet on the highway.

The 2005 Taco - A very nice truck indeed
By Bob S. on 04/24/05 12:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

A very nice small truck with a mid size truck feel. The power is vastly improved, I like the room in the cab.After my 1990 Toy, I experimented with a 99 Ranger 4WD - yuck, a 98 Mazda and a 98 Nissan. Its sure nice to get back to owning a Toyota!

Tradition Continues
By Lane on 04/14/05 22:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I love my truck. Its fun to drive. Large cabin provides comfort on long trips. Engine power plus fuel economy 27 -30 mpg. Same great Toyota build quality.

My Tacoma
By robin oswald on 03/25/05 13:21 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the standard, no accessories. I am very pleased overall. I'm a 50 year old woman and live in the city. My Tacoma has a comfortable ride, it's quiet, lots of get up and go and it feels very solid. By that I mean the doors are heavy and it doesn't get blown aroung when semi's go by. It's also comfortable driving a good distance. My husband and I are renovating our old house and make frequent trips to the dump. The bed liner with the adjustable strap hooks work great for securing the load.