2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Clunk Clunk Clunk Clunk
By Matt on 12/18/04 12:42 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my '05 Tacoma 4 Dr Long Box eight days ago. Since then it has been in the shop 4 of those days. It has a knocking/clunking/rattling coming from the right dashboard/fender area every time I hit a bump. The noise decreases about 90% with someone in the passenger seat. It increases when making a right turn. The 2 dealers that have looked at it have no idea where it is coming from and say Toyota does not have a "fix" for the problem. I love everything else about it. It handles like a dream, the ride is very comfortable, it has plenty of power and the 4 door long box is perfect for all your needs. LETS HOPE TOYOTA FIGURES OUT WHAT IS WRONG & COMES UP WITH A SOLUTION!!

What a truck!
By Ylekiot on 12/15/04 19:28 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it yesterday! Truck looks, rides and drives excellent.

Toyota Does It Again!
By Rainman on 12/04/04 20:59 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've bought Toyotas off and on since 1982: 82' Tercel, '86 MR2, '01 Highlander, and now the '05 Tacoma PreRunner. The one constant in Toyota's engineering is that it keeps getting better and better. This upgrade to the Taco is no different. They are not resting on their laurels, and clearly want to retain their market share by creating an ingenious double cab with quality and features second to none. After only about 1200 miles of driving, I can tell this truck will be in my stable of vehicles for a long time ... well beyond the time it is paid off.

disappointed
By centralcal on 12/04/04 02:51 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I can't believe how dissappointed I am with Toyota with this truck. I have never felt the need to post anything on any web site, but have done so on both the 05 Taco board and here tonight. This truck is not toyota quality. It is noisy and unrefined. Do not accept mediocrity. The engine noise is dreadful, the wind noise is not good. Drive a Tundra or a 4R and you will see what I mean. The ride is very pleasant from a suspension standpoint. The interior and stereo are excellent. I would bet this truck undergoes some changes (more sound buffering, better options), so do not buy this edition unless you have to.

Happy w/ 05 Toyota Tacoma Dbl Cab L-Bd
By From Highway to Mtns on 12/01/04 21:21 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

No buyers remorse here. I put 275K on my last Toyota truck and have every expectation of doing it again with my PK package Double Cab Long Bed. With 1500 miles on the truck, I'm getting 21 mpg on the highway and 17 city. I'm using the recommend 91 octane; even though the dealer said 87 would do. The truck is an eye-catcher, getting comments everywhere it goes. I would be comfortable taking on the town for a black-tie affair or into the mountains, as I did this past weekend, for climbing trails and hauling wild-game.

great 05 tacoma
By benjos on 11/29/04 11:42 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

so far great truck...more stable,more room,& great new options as compared to my 04 tacoma... only setback so far is clunking noise coming from area around the front shocks when hitting a bump or pothole...dealership looking into pro- blem...need more volume from standard sound system.

The Best Compact Truck Ever
By Gio on 11/26/04 11:02 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The new Toyota Tacoma 2005 is the best compact truck ever. The handling is impressive for the siza of the truck. the 4.0L V6 is amazing for a small engine. The truck is one of a kind. The gas mileage is great. I reccommend this truck to a true truck lover.

very good truck
By murillo1047 on 11/25/04 21:01 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

very strong truck and much better truck than chevy and ford better quality

Midsize Champ?
By Russell Watts on 11/17/04 17:28 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

On my third tank of gas and loving the truck more with every mile. Very smooth, quiet and comfortable. My wife and I test drove many midsize/compacts and a few full size trucks before this one but we both knew the new Tacoma was the truck for us when we saw/drove it. We've always wanted a midsize truck with room for adults in the back seat and with a six foot box. Finally, that truck arrived. Thanks Toyota! Nissan, if you listening, put a six foot box on your redesigned Quad Cab Frontier if you want to compete. Dodge missed the boat on this one again with the '05 Quad Cab Dakota.

Tacoma
By Jose Rosario on 11/13/04 10:21 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The Truck has great force. Very comfortable, and rides smoothly even in rain conditions.