Used 2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Truck of the Year And I can prove it
By thegyn

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had reviewed trucks for a year before purchasing. I actually didnt want the truck because I didnt think it would haul, tow, and still maintain it's ablitly to drive to work everyday. I was WRONG. This truck is FUN, and economical. I would like better gas mileage but I know what I was getting into with a V6. The power & comfort that the truck provides is excellent but yet it feels like a car while driving. When needed, the truck will traverse terrain and tow with ease.

Roomy and very comfortable ride! I was genuiely SURPRISED! Is this truck a MIDSIZE?

Better accelerlation on takeoff. But the truck can run with full size trucks easily.

Perfect Compromise
By Shiv

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

In going from a true fullsize truck, to a big midsize double cab,isn't much of an issue in the new Tacoma. The driving position is perfect to see the road. The TRD Off-Road package makes for relatively uneventful travel over even the roughest roads in the city -- should tame the rugged trails too. The power from the 4.0L V6 is excellent and rivals V8's from just a couple years ago. The truck feels solid, handles well, and looks sharp.

Driving position, 4.0L V6 @ 245hp, interior cab space, controls, buttons and levers all seem to be naturally located, nearly a perfect combination of everything with the below noted changes as options....

Power sliding window, a stereo that reproduces music not mushy bass tones, leather seating surfaces, locking glove box, locking bins in bed, more storage space under & behind the rear seats...

2005 Tacoma Sport 4X2 "SOLID"
By Happy Harvick

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great truck with solid reputation. Aggressive body style with engine to match. As my 3rd truck I am surprised by how solid this truck performs.

Engine response, body style.

Better gas mileage. Radio controls on steering wheel should be standard. DRL should also be standard. Slightly smaller steering wheel or larger tilt option.

I love what you do for me Toyota.
By raasfaas

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

What a sweet deal for a sweet ride. I mean it drives a lot better than the previous tacoma, longer, wider, taller, roomier, more powerful for just about the same price. Has more features and much more fun to drive thanks to the more powerful powerplant and 5 speed transmission.

lots of cup/bottle holder, smooth ride, powerful engine, great gas mileage for a V6, 6 CD changer, Steering wheel stereo controls, FUN factor.

Sunroof, navigation, satellite radio option, better sound system

Really Fun Pickup
By R. Jones

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have had the truck for three months. Great handling truck on mountain roads. Great sense of stability. Plenty of power to pass when there is little room in which to pass. Great rear seat accomodation for grandchildren.

High ride and clear view. Fit and finish of everything. Versitality of bed. Good fuel economy for size and power of truck.

Electric outlet needed in rear seating area for kids DVS, etc.