Used 2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Consumer Reviews - 197 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

what a great 1st truck!
By phil

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am very impressed. I drive a 2005 Mercedes 320 CLK Cabriolet for my everyday driver, but this truck is becoming my favorite ride! The wife & I "fight" over who will drive it to work. We got the speedway blue, with the TRD offroad upgrade, and get compliments wherever we go. Love the Toyota quality & reliability. I expect this truck to last us for many years.

lots of storage & cupholders. Can tow more than I'll need. Enough power to quickly get up to highway speed. Powerful AC for extra hot Las Vegas summers.

GPS Navigation I've grown used to in my other cars.

Best Truck
By Marc

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I did my homework and looked at all the competitors even full size. The new Tacoma is head and shoulders above all others. The ride, size and power combination is perfect for driving in SoCal. The truck looks and drives great. All of my friends are jealous. Toyota's reputation speaks for itself. It truly is a world class truck. Buy one you will not be disappointed!

245 HP! Looks bitchin', hood scoop and big tires give it a really nice prerunner look, stereo sounds great, seats are comfy and interior is roomy yet it isn't too big.

Power seats that raise/lower. My wife is real short and has trouble seeing over the dash and hood scoop.

Taco Time
By bill55

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The perfect truck for my family. Roomy and comfortable on long trips and at the same time sporty and with good acceleration for passing. It is a good all around truck and well built as well.

The 4 wheel drive and the powerful V6 not to metion the rugged looks.

Fuel cell hybrid with Hi torque electric wheel hub motors.... in the future maybe.

GGGGreat TTTruck !!!
By RBegonia

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Worth every $$$. Love the sweeet ride! It rides more like a luxury car than a pickup. With this truck you get the best of both worlds - classy and rugged at the same time. Cant stop licking my chops when i first laid eyes on this beauty. I'd give up my wife first before giving up on this truck. Thank you TOYOTA !!

The folding hard surface rear seat. The TRD suspension. The ABS brakes. The smooth and seemingly effortless POWER.

Running boards should be a Standard feature and not an OPTION.

Best truck for the Money
By claymo1

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The ride is good for a truck, The seats could have a little more cushion. The engine downshifts all the time in the mountains, but that I can live with. I averaged 21 to 25 mpg on a recent trip this weekend, fully loaded with kids and dog. So far so good! Toyota does make the best in my opinon, and does really have the best resale, that is if you resell it. Toyota has plenty of room inside, and is a blast to drive. GO FOR IT!

All the storage areas, gas mileage, looks, dependability, room, placement of all the accessories. Toyota has done it!!!!

Better seats, reduce the air noises, not bad but you can still here some. Fix it where it does not downshift so much going up hill and you will get way better mileage.