2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Outstanding Truck--worth the price
By Standt on 01/27/05 04:07 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After one month of ownership, I have no serious complaints about this truck. It handles wonderfully and has plenty of power to spare. I am so glad I chose the LB over the SB. I am 6-4 285 and was plenty comfortable in the front cab. I test drove this cab with 3 others that were over 6-0 and 200 pounds and we were all mostly comfortable. As far as noise goes it can get a little loud during accelleration but is reasonable and quiet most of the time. Hope you like cup holders, this has a bunch, good for cups and water bottles in the doors.

I LOVE IT
By Renata on 01/27/05 00:52 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I will have to say that I really enjoy the sound of that engine... it is a truly TOYOTA sound... I love my Tacoma... and haven't notice the "bump" problem, but will pay attention...

Tacoma 4dr. double cab
By aes on 01/26/05 19:48 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My new Tacoma double cab has lots of power. The ride is very smooth. The handling is great. The truck is very well built. I love the fact that the oil filter is right out in the open and so is all of the fluid containers and battery. The new truck design is much better than the old Tacomas. Plenty of room in the front and back. Plenty of cup holders front and back. The only thing that I didn't understand is why Toyota would give you a cigarette lighter but no ashtray. I also wanted the compass and temperature and it didn't come with the SR5 package.

Tacoma 05
By fred sconfienza on 01/26/05 13:53 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck is fun to drive. It has excellent handling and impressive power. Overall it does everything well.

Finally, a truck I love
By Joe on 01/24/05 22:37 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Picked up the 4x2 doublecab with TRD#2 package, and I can't say enough good things about it. The ride is very smooth, and bears little resemblance to the ride on the 04 models. Responsiveness is very good, and handles like a dream. Most use will be on freeways in town, with the occasional foray onto forest roads or across the family farm to hunt.

Great Rig
By Harness on 01/22/05 09:43 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The truck is fun to drive and is just the right size, not too big or too small. The fuel economy could be better, but I understand the short- falls of having 4-wheel drive. The driver seat could have more thigh support and running boards/tube steps should come as standard equipment. Overall, I'm please with the rig and look to have it a long-time.

What a Feeling!!!
By MShep on 01/15/05 00:22 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this truck for just under a month now, and I must admit....I LOVE IT!!! I'm very happy with this truck, although there are a few things that "irk" me about it (see Suggested Improvements below). Like most, I am on a tight budget, and I wanted the most truck for the money. A Toyota, with 4 doors, AND a full sized bed for under 25K, I was sold. Now, I see it's the Motor Trend 2005 Truck of the Year....Wow, What a feeling!! The ride is smooth, quiet and pleasant. The interior & exterior is BEAUTIFUL (Sport Package...well worth the extra $$$). The electrical outlet & removable tie-downs in the bed are a nice touch too! Exceptional value! Highly recommended!

Redefined the old and set the standard
By Skylandry on 01/14/05 20:45 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned both the Nissan and Toyota crew cab pickups in 4wd with automatic. I moved from the Nissan to the Toyota for power and left the Toyota for comfort but I have returned and I am not disappointed. The redisgned fixed the ride comfort (ride and seat). The interior looks classy and is very functional. I have put 590 miles so far and got 18.3mpg on my first tank with mixed driving. The more I drive the 2005 Tacoma 4wd the better I like it. Ride, handling, quality and attention to the "little things" make this the best midsize truck on the market - hands down.

05 Tacoma sport 4 dr
By John on 01/14/05 00:23 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

It isnt a compact truck anymore the 05 has gotten a little larger it has a real aggressive look to it, it runs and drives like a car the v6 has lots of powerand gets decent mileage I have been averaging about 19-20 mpg with trafic, should do beter on the open highway . I was going to get a 2004 but drove them both and with 60 more horsepower it is a wolrd of difference, I got the prerunner with the sport package so it has all of the color keyed door handles and mirrors and I got it in Speedway Blue, a truly awsome color I get a lot of compliments on the truck.

Very nice truck
By Homer on 01/13/05 18:57 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My first toyota, and probably not my last. Quiet and smooth on the highway, compared to my old Silverado LT Z71. Ample acceleration, fuel economy isn't as advertised, but who's is?