2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Great Truck
By Timothy Fortney on 02/12/05 13:04 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

What a great vehicle. Well designed and executed. A real pleasure to drive. Turning radius is better then axpected for a truck this size. Previously owned a 97 Tacoma 4x4 went with the prerunner this time. I'll have this truck for a long time.........No doubt!

Best Midsize Truck On The Market
By beeline on 02/12/05 09:05 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Toyota hit a home run with the redesigned Tacoma for 2005. The quality and standard feature set is just fantastic. This truck fits my needs perfectly. Please consider this truck if you want a well built fine looking and great driving vehicle.

tacoma sr5
By benny on 02/08/05 01:54 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

i like the rear doors on the new tacoma its like having a full size car. the long bed is great for hauling and moving stuff. i like the new bed design and the tie down system. i purchased the factory running boards and hood deflector and it looks great. thanks toyota

Happy As Can Be
By Birdman on 02/07/05 22:47 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Toyota Tacoma for 2 weeks now and the more I drive it the more I fall in love with it. I owned a 2002 Toyota Tacoma but there is no comparison. The 2005 is so roomy on the inside, it's wider, it stands taller; there are more bells and whistles as standard equipment. Best decision I ever made was to trade in the 02 for the 05. No wonder it's truck of the year

great buy
By de4825 on 02/03/05 01:23 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have put 3500 miles on it in 3 months. Loved every mile so far!! Fun to drive. Very comfortable seats both short and long drives. Getting 18 in city and 22 on highway. I have the lighted running boards that light both the step and under the truck. It sits pretty high so would recommend the running boards for the average size person.

Just purchased Tacoma and Love it
By Phillips on 02/03/05 00:22 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We just traded in our leased 2002 Tacoma for the 2005 model and WOW! what a huge difference in design, ride and size. The ride is like a luxury vehicle and the seats are very comfortable with the lumbar supports. My only complaint so far would be the gearshift (automatic) seems similar to that of a manual transmission with the over-down, down-over, movements to change from park/drive/etc. I imagine it just takes getting used to.

Tacoma
By Ray McCombs on 02/03/05 00:12 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Fun to drive. Gas mileage better than my old Tacoma. They have done a great job.

Wait for the 2006..........
By giggs11 on 02/02/05 13:34 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My car has 1800 miles and is 3 months old, I have taken the car to the dealer over 20 times. Problem consist of leaking, gear, rear brake and suspention noise. The vehicle I recieved had a defective seat, Shaft, seams behind the dash and even noise from the ignition when the car doesn't start. I would advise any person interested in this car to wait for the 2006 when they fix all the problems in this model. Toyota customer service dont put in the effort anymore thay just dont care, I have been treated very badly by both the dealer (who is 100% loyal to Toyota) and Toyota Corp. The dealers still dont know how to repair this car nor do Toyota. I had this car at the dealer for over 20days out

This truck Rocks!!
By Steve-O on 01/28/05 04:06 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have only had it for 2 weeks but we are very happy! Having owned a Toyota truck from 91-98 and then a Ford Ranger from 98-2005, there is no comparison on quality and design. Toyota has it all hands down. This truck crushes all competition hands down in every category that we looked at and we pretty much drove them all. Bravo Toyota for building the truck that all others will be chasing for many years to come!

Outstanding Truck!
By Mike on 01/27/05 22:50 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I never fill out these reviews, but I decided to based on my experience. I have owned multiple trucks (Ford, & Dodge), but this one beats them all. In addition, the others were all 1/2 ton pickups. I also test drove the Chevy Colorado and have riden in an 02 Dodge Dakota. This one rides much smoother and has a lot more power.