Used 2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

my truck
By Dave Montville

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The truck has been perfect since I bought it. I went from a Dodge Dakota getting 8 to 9 mpg in the city to getting about 17 on the Tacoma with just as much if not more power than the Dakota's v8.

Favorite Features

4WD, 5speed automatic, ride, milage, looks, composite inner bed (no need for bed liner).

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement I would suggest is finding a better configuration for folding the back seats, it is a little hokey.

I luv this truck
By luv it - Jamie

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had this truck for 3weeks and luv everything about it. I sold my 94 standard 4cyl. 4x4- it had 134,000 on it and ran perfect and I never had to take it in for any problems. I hope this 2005 does the same.

Favorite Features

The room in the double cab and the lack of outside noise in the cab. The new look and the v6. And the manual 6 speed

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage.

A step up from 2004 in most respects
By chucktaylorr

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great truck all around. I stepped up from a 2004 PreRunner. Great engine, easy to maintain. Very comfortable for long trips and capable off-road. Composite bed limits the choices for aftermarket parts (lumber rack, some covers, some tool boxes, etc.) but is great for most hauling applications. This is our new "family" vehicle.

Favorite Features

Styling, engine, rear locker, comfort, 6-speed manual transmission. Rear seat leans back more than the 04. LOTS of interior storage for a pickup.

Suggested Improvements

Include a set of true tiedowns at the front of the bed. Better stereo. Optional front e-locker. Go back to a separate shifter for 4wd... the switch is a bit chintzy.

05 Tacoma Off Road
By nickotto7

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have only had it a few months but all seems like expected so far. Have one small rattle from engine compartment which sounds like a loose heat shield that I am going to get fixed in a day or two. Comfortable interior, very little road noise, handles like a car. So far so good.

I like my new truck
By Dominic

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I haven't had it that long yet however I just took a 2000 mi round trip towing a trailer and a bed load. The truck performed great. Plus it's nice around town.

Favorite Features

The engine is powerfull for a 6 cyl and i really like the looks of the TRD sports package I got.

Suggested Improvements

The interior lighting is hard to see during the day. The locks don't chirp like most new cars so I'm always wondering if the locks worked. I purchased the roof rack, the factory rack isn't adjustable and it needs to be.