2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab Consumer Reviews 10

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Great Truck
By Hank on 03/20/05 13:46 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third truck. Had an old Tacoma that just wouldn't die, ran it 200k+ miles and hope this one lasts as long. Had a Dakota with a V8 but this one has much more power and more comfortable ride, even with the TRD pkg. Much better gas mileage then Dakota too, first tank gave me 20 mpg. Love my '05 Tacoma, highly recommend.

My new Tacoma
By Gary Kos on 03/18/05 13:09 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love the truck! Had an '84 Extracab (just got rid of it last year - talk about durability!) Wish I would have waited to buy - brand new model and, with low supply, dealer wouldn't deal. But it was just what I wanted, even in Speedway Blue! The upsizing is good. Engine is great. Would like better gas mileage but hope it will increase as it breaks in - only 2K miles.

2005 Toyota Tacoma
By Carl Miller on 03/13/05 23:16 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Soild, smooth, quiet, great power, toyota quality, inside and outside. MPG is good-21 to 22. Great seat and ride comfort. Great sound system. Have not had any problems at all and this is the second toyota we have owned.

a disappointed owner
By Mark Fontenot on 03/05/05 23:13 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I really loved the truck and still do this is my second Tacoma. After I bought the truck I realized that it was making a noise. I brought my truck to my dealer to fix the problem. After the 3rd attempt of trying to get the truck fixed they finally told me that they would change the shock in the back. I was happy until I picked up the truck and there was a new shock on and I drive it down the road and hit a little bump to find out that it was still there well to end this I was told that toyota has a new shock on their tacomas and that is just the noise that it makes and trust me it is very easy to hear and very disappointing. I do hope they fix this problem quickly.

You gotta love it
By Bob on 02/25/05 21:03 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have been driving it for a little more than 2 weeks. Handles so much better than the older Toyotas. More room, power. love the access doors, getting 26 miles to gallon. The new bed liner is great with the tye down very nice. The ride is better than most cars very smooth. New dash lay out is great very easy to see all the extra's, the chrome make for a nice touch on the interior. Last is how quiet the ride is as long as the fan is off, the fan still makes too much noise.

2005 Access Cab 4 cyl
By Northof50 on 02/23/05 12:37 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

Am very pleased with this truck. Excellent build quality, esp. paint. SR5 package has nice amenities. I use the truck mostly back/forth to work. Rides well. Good performance for 4 cyl. Getting 23mpg+. Like innovative one- piece box; made bedliners and spray on coatings obsolete. Wife likes easy handling. Smooth transmission. Handled well in snow; didn't need 4WD.

Worth the Money, buy one you won't regre
By Phoenian on 02/20/05 00:42 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Super truck on all levels. Design, fit, finish and materials are at luxury car levels. Researched all compareable trucks in detail and the Tacoma excells in every catagory. I don't have many miles on it yet, but the comfort factor along with the driving enjoyment justify the purchase. I love it and it appears that most other motorist do as well.

Great NEW model...Worth waiting for.
By Rob Greenberg on 02/19/05 19:36 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Love this truck...replaces a 1988 Toyota 4x4 pickup with over 200K. All aspects of experience are excellent or near excellent. Have been an exclusive Toyota and/or Lexus buyer for years.

Great NEW model...Worth waiting for.
By Rob Greenberg on 02/19/05 19:36 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

"A Great Truck" Revisited-2 Months Later
By Nick on 02/19/05 18:10 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I reviewed this on 12/24, but I want to update. Since then, the truck has developed many problems. First was a serious rattle from the rear of the truck that occurs when the temperature drops below freezing. Supposedly, Toyota is aware of this problem, as it affects alot of trucks, but doesn't know how to fix it yet. Next was severe paint loss after driving only once in the snow, for about 15 miles. All of the paint along the rocker panels and rear fenders is coming off. This is happening to alot of trucks too, but so far, Toyota is not acknowledging its defective paint. Other problems include shuddering while accelerating and braking, and a noisy creaking dash and headboard.