Used 2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

My New 2005 Tacoma
By IQDHILLON2

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck Is as Tough as the original Tundra. It only gets better gas mileage. It also has a 245 horsepower Engine.It also Includes a 282 foots torque. One thing I love about my new Tacoma is its Deck Rail System, it makes carring lugage less of a hassel. To my opinion this truck rocks. It will give atleast 22miles to the gallon. Even the next tacoma will not be as appealing as this truck. I love it!

Favorite Features

Deck Rail System 245 horsepower engine. Trd off road package. And Offroad cability.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more room.(Ext.cab only) And no 5 passenger seating as previous Tacoma.

GREAT TRUCK
By chuck

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my 2006 Tacoma Access Cab 4X4. This truck is awesome! The V-6 has plenty of power and the gas mileage on 1st tank was 19 MPG mostly city driven. I traded in a 2005 Acura TL and this truck rides smoother than the TL did. I have owned 6 chev Z71's and a 2004 Ford F150 and the Toyota is my favorite.

Versatile Vehicle
By NY Blue

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great package incorporating two real areas for seating adults and a bed that is usable for most of my homeowner duties. My wife loves the driving height, seat position and comfort. At 6'4" it is very comfortable for me even in the rear seat. The upgraded radio sounds incredible. Gas mileage for a truck, 22 MPG on hwy and 19 MPG around town is more than I expected. With only 1200 miles I am told it will get better but I am not counting on it. Unlike some other reviewers I did read the manual and you can change the keyless entry to give a chirp when activating the alarm.

Favorite Features

Comfort, overall size, gas mileage and general visability. Turning radius is also much better than my old Tundra.

Suggested Improvements

Bridgestone Dueler Ht's are not a good choice. I will change these out when they are worn. Engine has a slight noise which I am hoping will quiet in time. Brakes have more travel and pressure resulting in overall poor fedback. The brakes stop well but the items above are a nuisance.

Toyota at its best!!!
By Maz13

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

PreRunner 4dr Access Cab TRD Off Road, love the height of the vehicle. Great clearance, cabin space, wheels, engine. It seems like it's a vehicle that will last for a very long time. Moved up from a GMC 98'Jimmy and feel very happy with the change. My wife loves this new truck. I can't wait to accessorize it with all the toys for the bed and the cabin. It's a little bumpy though for the streets in Puerto Rico, although I think all pickups are (first pick-up). Got around 18mpg on my first tank, we'll see how it goes on.

Favorite Features

Engine power, awesome transmission(you don't even feel it). Clearance. Factory installed fog light, mud wheels, bed 110V outlet. Good A/C and spacious cab. Simply the Look with Off Road Package but saving the weight fromt the 4x4.!!!

Suggested Improvements

Sunroof. Standard radio lacks power. MP3 needed! miss it. Lockable trunk. Electronic rear window. Bed light. Use a different color for the inside instruments(blue or white) the orange seems regular. The MOST important improvement needed, WIDER Seats..the first time I felt like my back was compressed

Awesome mid-size design!
By wind_dog

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The larger mid-sized truck is the design compromise Iíve been waiting for. It gets far better mileage than a full-size and itís definitely easier to park in the ever-shrinking spaces. Itís a comfortable ride with power to spare driving around town and it has the beef to pull a trailer up the mountains. Iíve added a new fiberglass topper and now I get 19/22 plus mpg. The TRD package provides remarkable factory off-road performance with locking differential, skid plates, ample ground clearance, and suspension. The on-board generator, composite bed, and yes - the cup holders are the attention to detail I expect from a well-built truck. The styling and dark blue color turn heads everywhere I go!

Favorite Features

Plenty of power AND reasonable gas mileage. Awesome handling and composite bed.

Suggested Improvements

More interior color options.