05 Tacoma
By Buffalonickel on
2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
We have hauled 4 adults @ a time, pulled a trailer hauling a Harley all over the country, filled the bed with rocks, logs, mulch, topsoil, and I drive to work each day. We live in the Ozarks, so none of our roads are straight, flat, or smooth. The local mileage is 18 mpg and on a flat Highway 55/39 in Illinois or 70 through Kansas mileage climbed to 24 mpg running at 75 with the AC cooling me to a chill in 90 degree heat. The only complaint I have is the alarm system was futzed up and we had to install an aftermarket system. And that bed is made out of plastic. I want a steel bed with solid anchors like my old Hilux. So all-in-all this truck has been very easy to own. 60,000 miles!
Favorite Features
Storage all over the interior. The flip up back seats are great for loading the dog in the back without messing up the interior and it is great loading stuff from the hardware, nursery, or gear.
Suggested Improvements
We need steel beds with solid anchors. We need moonroofs (I had an excellent aftermarket moonroof the dealer had installed before I took delivery, but manufacturer does not offer it). Need leather-heated seats so stains and spills would not be a problem.