Used 2005 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

158,000 miles and still going strong
By mar18

2005 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

love my pickup. i drive it alot and its never given me trouble. i sometimes carry heavy loads in it and it never struggles, does a really good job. gas mileage could be better but not bad.(26mpg combined)

relieable drivetrain

mileage and interior space.

2005 Tacoma 2dr , 4cyl, access cab,
By dennis

2005 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

Very dependable. Have no complaints, only wished it would get better gas mileage. It seems to be very durable. No part failures or recalls on this one. All small trucks should have 16" wheels and leather seats. Tacoma 2dr 4 cyl. Does not. My concern at the present is, a vibration coming from the drive shaft, under acceleration. If a person wants or needs a small truck, this is the one.

Great truck
By Bigcoz43

2005 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Had a Chev. S-10 that fell apart driving down the road. Traded it for the Toyota and never had a problem. Just oil changes and normal maintenance. What a great truck.

Great ride and mileage is around 25 mpg.

Need to install delayed wipers on new models

Look at FRAME first !!!!
By yomama

2005 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I am the owner of 2005 reg cab 4x4. It has a huge problem with rust on the frame. The rust is not all the way thru but it already has started and I have never seen rust like this so early. Frame actually looks as if it belongs to a truck 20 years old! I would only recomend this truck to someone living in a very dry area. I will not purchase another Toyota because of this. How safe can it be to drive down highway with nothing holding the truck together? I wish I would have known before purchase. Too bad, I get over 25 mpg with A/C on in city!

gas mileage

Better metal for frame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Better plastic for interior doors

Satisfied
By Jordan

2005 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this truck because I needed something to haul stuff for gardening, home improvements, etc. I was sick of putting things in the trunk of my car. I wanted a truck with good mileage and styling. I didn't want to pay a lot. This truck accomplished all of this. At 6'4" tall, it was also the most comfortable, compact truck I could find.

Mileage for 4WD truck. On recent trip to Canada, was like a car ride and got 460 miles to a tank. Composite bed. Looks.

I find the engine revs very high on start and the clutch takes a while to warm up on cold days, causing a rough ride for the first 10 minutes. Windshield could be a little higher for us tall folks.