2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Cheap quality but fun
By jake on 05/06/10 21:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab X-Runner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought used with 50,000 and now my transmission went out, clutch, shocks, and the grill flew off on the free way. It's still a blast to drive and I like the styling and the size with a six speed manual. It needs more horse power and insulation. Bumpy all most drove off the free way twice.

05 X-Runner Awesome!
By baddaddy on 10/17/07 10:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab X-Runner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Saw the X-Runner at the San Diego International auto show, immediately started searching. Had to wait for one to arrive, ended up being the first non speedway blue one in CA, or so I was told. Love it. Handling surprises many "sports car" drivers. Weak link was stereo, so I upgraded it. I get more looks than new Corvettes. Have not gotten this many thumbs up and comments since I owned my 66 GTO.

Xrunner a fun ride
By Broward Xrunner on 06/03/06 06:58 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab X-Runner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned my Toyota Tacoma Xrunner since January. It's has been a joy to drive. The 4.0 is very nice with the six speed stick tranny. The hood scoop and low profile are excellent looks. The wide tires let this truck out corner many cars. I own 3 other trucks. Two are for work, the other is a full size Chevy. Well the Chevy just sits now. The Xrunner makes driving fun again. People love to talk to me about the truck. It really turns the heads.

this is a sportscar w/ a truck bed!
By deltawhip on 12/10/05 01:46 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab X-Runner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The fit, finish, and materials are very good. I've had no issues with workmanship or performance. This thing really moves! Handles great, brakes great, and the looks and stares I get driving around in the X are just priceless! Very good machine that needs that TRD supercharger to make it really shine. MPG not too shabby either at about 19 with mixed driving.

I love this thing
By bodie61lb on 08/17/05 20:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab X-Runner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The truck is great. Excellent interior and comfort. The look of the truck is awesome. I have people come up to me all the time and ask me what kind of truck it is. Now I'm just waiting on the supercharger to come out.

best vehicle ever bought
By rolo on 08/03/05 21:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab X-Runner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Ever since i saw this truck at the dealership i fell in love with it. It's got anawesome design, it's fast and it handles great in corners. By far a very good purchase

Randy's Blue X-Runner
By Randy on 07/24/05 13:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab X-Runner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I am very impressed with the build quality and the design detail of the Tacoma. It seems that each time I look at the truck I notice more lines in the exterior design. One thing that I can not get over is the amount of attention I get in the Tacoma X-Runner. No matter where I go people come up and ask about the truck.

The Best Truck Yet!
By Runningbrowndog on 04/07/05 03:02 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab X-Runner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I certanly give Toyata a Thumbs Up for the re-design of the Tacoma. It is roomier than any previous, has a better drive train, Has a lot more power, and the exterior and interior have better qualities and looks than any other Truck (in my opinion.

TOYOTA DOES IT AGAIN
By blairway on 12/06/04 00:01 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab X-Runner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This truck is solid. Ride and steering is better than past versions. Interior is a step up from past Toyota truck's. Gas mileage is about 18 mpg so far.

x-runner rocks
By gijoe on 11/27/04 20:57 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab X-Runner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great handling and nice free flow exhaust notes. Mileage is good for this size and power. Had only one fillup so far and went 320 miles on a little less than 16 gallons. Love the close ratios in the 6-speed.