Used 2005 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner V6 Access Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Cheap quality but fun
By jake

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab X-Runner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought used with 50,000 and now my transmission went out, clutch, shocks, and the grill flew off on the free way. It's still a blast to drive and I like the styling and the size with a six speed manual. It needs more horse power and insulation. Bumpy all most drove off the free way twice.

Favorite Features

looks, 6 speed

Suggested Improvements

shocks longer lasting transmission more insulation. it would be better if they made a higher quality x runner on top of the cheep one they make

05 X-Runner Awesome!
By baddaddy

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab X-Runner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Saw the X-Runner at the San Diego International auto show, immediately started searching. Had to wait for one to arrive, ended up being the first non speedway blue one in CA, or so I was told. Love it. Handling surprises many "sports car" drivers. Weak link was stereo, so I upgraded it. I get more looks than new Corvettes. Have not gotten this many thumbs up and comments since I owned my 66 GTO.

Favorite Features

Handling, handling, handling.

Suggested Improvements

Offer better stereo. Can't hear the stock one when the windows are down.

Xrunner a fun ride
By Broward Xrunner

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab X-Runner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned my Toyota Tacoma Xrunner since January. It's has been a joy to drive. The 4.0 is very nice with the six speed stick tranny. The hood scoop and low profile are excellent looks. The wide tires let this truck out corner many cars. I own 3 other trucks. Two are for work, the other is a full size Chevy. Well the Chevy just sits now. The Xrunner makes driving fun again. People love to talk to me about the truck. It really turns the heads.

this is a sportscar w/ a truck bed!
By deltawhip

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab X-Runner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The fit, finish, and materials are very good. I've had no issues with workmanship or performance. This thing really moves! Handles great, brakes great, and the looks and stares I get driving around in the X are just priceless! Very good machine that needs that TRD supercharger to make it really shine. MPG not too shabby either at about 19 with mixed driving.

Favorite Features

Fantastic engine/transmission. The exhaust note is very nice, too. Handles amazingly. I definitely love those 18 inch rims. Looks sharp, and it's a Toyota to boot.

Suggested Improvements

Completely get rid of the wheel hop. Disc brakes all around would be superb. Don't have the cats directly connected to the headers. We need that supercharger now, just like they promised when they promoted this thing last year!

I love this thing
By bodie61lb

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab X-Runner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The truck is great. Excellent interior and comfort. The look of the truck is awesome. I have people come up to me all the time and ask me what kind of truck it is. Now I'm just waiting on the supercharger to come out.

Favorite Features

The overall look of the truck. The performance is great. Powerful engine and great transmission. I like the 6 disc changer also. Is also very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

4 wheel disc brakes all around, could really benefit from having the 4 piston fronts like the 4x4 has. Gas mileage could be better, but I have a Corolla so that doesn't bother me too bad.