Used 2005 Toyota Tacoma V6 Access Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Like it more every day
By Greg

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've driven 51000 mi. with only oil changes and nothing else needed so far. The interior has superior fit and finish, and in the Michigan winters it makes not a peep, and is a testament to the build quality. Great styling turns heads, and I still get compliments after 4+yrs. With half city and half hwy driving I get 17.5mpg in the winter and 20.8mpg in the summer. Nothing has ever failed to work, and it climbs like a billy goat off-road. When I push the accelerator-it moves like all get out; feels like a V8 (a powerful V8).

Favorite Features

Can be used as a workhorse, and hosed off for a classy ride afterward. Cold air conditioning, composite bed w/tiedown cleats, great sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any.

Awesome Truck
By David

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 5th truck and I couldn't be happier with the vehicle. The wider body, fuel economy, and tow capacity make it an excellent compromise to a full size pickup. It offers all of the creature comforts and handles like a car in town. The TRD package with locking differential make it a capable off road vehicle. Performance is surprisingly strong even at altitudes above 10,000 feet.

Favorite Features

Quiet ride and excellent handling on and off road. Also like the light-weight composite bed.

Suggested Improvements

More interior color options. Light grey was the only color available at the time of purchase. Tan would have been my first choice.

Woman who loves her Tacoma!
By Tacoma Woman

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my certified used Tacoma in October '06 after a Denver snowstorm left me unable to exit my driveway w/my current car. I've wanted one of these trucks since I was 15 (I'm 41 now). It's been the best decision I ever made (besides divorcing my husband!). This truck handles so well, has so much power and is so fun to drive, I only wish I'd bought one sooner! Gas mileage isn't bad either. I really am a woman who loves her Tacoma!

Favorite Features

Power, style, versatility. This truck has it all! It's not some gas guzzling behemoth either.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of anything right now that I would improve.

2005 Tacoma
By 05 TACOMA

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I think the build quality of the previous generation tacoma is much greater. I have had dashboard problems with mine, engine ticking problems, cigarette lighter port problems, and door panel problems. All of this within the first 10,000 miles. My 1997 tacoma had 147,000 miles on it when I sold it, and I had not as much as one problem.

'05 tacoma TRD sport 4x4
By kyle

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've always wanted a tacoma and I'm sure I picked the best tacoma yet! With its outstanding reputation, I can't wait to drive it for years to come. It's a great truck!

Favorite Features

Design, power, fun factor, 6-speed trans, and Toyota quality! Love it!

Suggested Improvements

Height adjustible seat, possibly a sunroof.