2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Great Reliable Truck
By J Rivera on 04/25/09 18:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great truck all around. I drive 20K per year through mountain roads in Puerto Rico and currently have 65K. I had one minor leak with the power steering fluid that was covered by warranty. Other than that, the temperature/compass display was damaged a month ago is not covered by the extended warranty I purchased! It's a great solid truck. Very reliable and lots of aftermarket goodies to customize it and make it your own. I have performed all tune-ups at the dealer and have never been strained on the road. The average MPGs are 17.8 with a best of 20.7 and a worst of 16.7.

Great Reliable Truck
By Jaime on 05/28/08 22:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I got an Ext. Cab with TRD-Off Road Package. The truck is excellent in everyday driving. I drive through country roads with only 1 lane(in each direction) and find myself passing other trucks and vehicles all the time. Very dangerous but I have enough power to do it quickly! Very reliable truck, already have 50K in it and the engine and paint are as good as new. I drive fast and only get 17.5 MPG, but when I slow down I reach up to 19.5 MPG.

Love My Baby
By Terri on 12/18/07 18:25 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have dreamed about owning a Toy Truck since 1985 when Back To The Future came out. My parents got one back in the early 90s and I was insanely jealous and so when I totaled my car I got another car but my heart was set on the truck so I said I only have this one life so I broke down and bought it. I love how I feel when I'm driving and I get so many compliments on it and her name is Bagheera. She is a dream come true and I have never been happier.

full size compromize
By ED on 09/20/06 06:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this truck expecting good fuel economy and rugged capabilities. It is a great truck for off roading, towing, and getting dirty and if you want to look tough on your commute to work. The truck has disappointing fuel economy i rarely if ever got above 17 mpg on the freeway. the ground clearance is high so if you're under 5'8" better get the steps or nerf tubes. the automatic was terrible, it always searched for a right gear and downshifted constantly with the cruise control on, even on level roads, and engine noise gets pretty loud.

Truck Bed
By Beckff1 on 09/04/06 22:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love my truck but i have one problem, no lumber rack will fit on the new tacoma! want to know why? the new composit bed. Rack-It from SS CA, told me the bed will crak and fail. So what to do now? Like i said for hauling everyday dirt and small toys not a prob, but for get the avid weekend do-it yourselfer fenceing projects and long timber runs to lowes or home depot.

BEST OF THE BEST
By cephasiii on 02/11/06 22:58 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This truck is the best pickup ever made! If you want a very reliable, good looking, powerful truck, then this is your truck.

Nice Ride, Nice Truck!
By Michael on 01/24/06 15:37 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I always wanted a Tacoma, mostly for the build quality...but the older models just weren't large enough for my 6' 2" and 240 lb frame. When they changed to the new body style, I had to go test drive it and WOW...was I amazed! I bought the truck with no regrets to date and with no problems either, I just rolled over 25,000 miles after 7 months...it's definitely a keeper. I like the overall handling, the ride, and the interior features and space. My wife enjoys it as well...can hardly get the keys out of her hands. I bought the Pre-runner model, she likes the way it sits up in traffic and how other vehicles get out of her way on the highway. Just a nice Truck!

Gotta love it!
By Vu on 07/11/05 04:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Only put 200 miles on the truck so far but had loads of fun doing it. I opted for the TRD Offroad Package and have had a great time running over and thru anything I can find. It has everything you can want - the power, looks, performance, and driveability!

2005 Toyota PreRunner Auto
By Michael on 04/12/05 15:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This truck is great as far as easy access to the back because of the access doors. It rides and drives great and feels solid on the road. It is good on gas but of course I wish it was better with the current price of fuel today. I love the way the truck sits up higher than most 2-wheel drive pickups because it gives you the feel that it is a 4-wheel drive and your vision of the road and traffic around you is much improved over lower 2WD Pickups. I love the style and design of this truck.

best of the century
By snapper58 on 11/13/04 10:06 AM (PST)

best truck i ever had