2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Needs new design
By jj on 08/19/10 06:08 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

The temp and compass above dashboard needs designed so you can read it in the daylight! Stock radio and cd player are junk, dealer quoted $700.00 to replace! Truck has great exterior design and looks great though!

Overall beast!
By palermo on 07/19/06 11:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Smooth riding and big truck feel. Not a gas saving vehicle and only uses premium gasoline (more expensive).

2005 Access Cab Big Disappointment
By A.S. on 03/14/06 10:43 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2005 Tacoma Prerunner with 4-cyl/5M new after doing a lot of research from forums, specification reports, and going on test-drives. This is the model that looks like a 4- wheel-drive and has an extended cab (they call it the access cab). I can now say after having it for 17,000 miles that I am very disappointed in it for two reasons: actual vs. posted fuel mileage and wind noise with the latter being the primary reason I am selling it. I wanted only one vehicle to commute to work and haul music equipment. It had to be of high quality, above 25mpg highway fuel rating, and have adequate storage space (I assumed the ride would be reasonably quiet as are competitors models).

Just what I expected by Toyota.
By Ric Larsen on 02/15/06 00:21 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Absolutely the best buy I have made with a vehicle. Only bad point...the windshield isn't rock proof. My truck has performed flawlessly and I look forward to my next year with it. Thank you Toyota!

I love my Taco!
By drg on 07/01/05 19:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Got the Prerunner, Access, 4 cyl, manual. Ordered it. Great styling inside & out. This is my first Toyota & I'm very impressed, tho I feel shafted by the dealer. The prerunner concept is great - the looks of 4WD w/o the cost. Only problem is the clutch pedal is killing my calf. The pedal throw is way too much - my heel hits the floorboard before the clutch is 1/2 way depressed so I have to point my toes to the extreme in order to shift. Shoulda got an automatic! The dealer can't tell me if the pedal is adjustable unless I bring it in. Got it for 1% over invoice but the dealer said I couldn't order VSC. Toyota should ditch the dealers and let people order straight from the factory!

First Ever Truck
By Steve on 05/24/05 09:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first ever pick-up truck and what a great truck. It is quieter than my last vehicle (Lexus IS 300) on the hwy. and gets about the same mileage. The ride and handling are superior. Mine's the 2.7 litre with the five speed. The clutch and shifter are as smooth as my Honda Accord was. I'm sure I will get many years of trouble free and inexpensive use.