2005 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Good truck
By ExcuseI! on 04/05/10 20:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought used in 2008, have literally driven it across the country. (Truck has about 110k miles on it now) Avgs 16-25 mpg. Took it tailgating in the southeast with 4 adults and gear and got 25 mpg on highway in "mountainous" terrain of western NC and SC. The truck has been worry free over about 15k miles. The power from the V6 has been more than adequate with hauling rocks, dirt and plants/trees for homeowner "fun" and around town. I haven't towed with it. 60# dog fits in back of cab nicely as the seats fold flat and have a robust back. The cubbyholes behind and under the rear seats were borderline genius (they have become more common now, I think). The power outlet in truck bed is handy.

Big improvement over previous Taco's
By Donboy on 11/03/09 23:47 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a HUGE improvement over the earlier Taco's that were much smaller and had little wiggle room inside. Now Toyota has a real mid-size truck!! Incredible power that is just too tempting to ignore - will smoke most of 'em off the line. Beautiful styling inside and out, with some fine tuning over the years these will be a perfect truck!

Revolutionary!!
By Stevo on 11/03/07 18:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have to say, I am so impressed with my new truck. I have been driving BMWs for the last five years and coming out of a 40K car to a truck I was not expecting the luxury drive as well as the power and handling. WOW! What an extraordinary driving machine. I love it so much. The TRD package is worth every penny! I am absolutely impressed with it and can't wait to plan some fishing trips.

An Awesome Truck
By Christopher Lukasz on 11/03/06 02:04 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The best truck I ever owned, I have about 15000 miles on it now and its still feels like it brand new. Only problem that I had was the rear springs were making noise but all they need was a little grease and now they're good as new. I highly recomend this truck to anybody, I think it's the best truck out there right now.

Tacoma is a Winner
By DollarbillTX on 09/22/06 06:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

What's not to like about the newest generation of Tacoma . I love my CC 05' ! Plenty of room ,easy exit level,great interior and quiet. Plenty of power from the v6 and you can smoke lots of other trucks and cars with the power to weight ratios ,can be very quick for a truck. After driving Ford F150's and Rangers -I am totally sold on this truck ,to me it is the perfect size (no longbed with the CC style-please!) I would highly reccommend this truck -it deserves the sales numbers it is getting .

2005 Taco
By aj44mc on 09/19/06 09:40 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

this truck is amazing. After having a 92 toyota pick-up and trading it in for a car, i really missed the feeling of a truck. This truck is everything I missed and more than I could have hoped for.

Tacoma 2005
By john on 09/03/06 11:08 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'm a medical technician and have to drive it anywhere and quickly, also I don't like to spend a lot in fuel.

05 Tacoma TRD
By alex on 08/11/06 21:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is an awesome truck. The power is great. The TRD package comes with a rather stiff suspension which is great for off road but makes it a bit bumpy on the road. Overall this has been an awesome truck.

First Tacoma
By TexasT on 02/23/06 10:01 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Former full size truck owner that likes the quick steering, easy parking exceptional ride, performance of the V6, 4.0L and outstanding styling. A high clearance truck to take to the dirt roads, hauling gear or a fancy resturant with family and friends. I reviewed a number of mid-and full-size trucks and like the sporty styling, large space in the back seat of the Double Cab as well as extra storate under and behind the seat. I like the composite bed and tie-downs with optional bed divider and net to keep objects from sliding around. I have nerf bar steps for my 5'3" wife. And, installed a trailer hitch.

Best Truck Ever
By Adrian on 11/29/05 19:35 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best truck I've ever had. Looks great, runs great and everyone wants one. Increased horsepower and the composite bed make this the best truck on the road.