2005 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Like it more every day
By Greg on 08/16/09 19:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've driven 51000 mi. with only oil changes and nothing else needed so far. The interior has superior fit and finish, and in the Michigan winters it makes not a peep, and is a testament to the build quality. Great styling turns heads, and I still get compliments after 4+yrs. With half city and half hwy driving I get 17.5mpg in the winter and 20.8mpg in the summer. Nothing has ever failed to work, and it climbs like a billy goat off-road. When I push the accelerator-it moves like all get out; feels like a V8 (a powerful V8).

Awesome Truck
By David on 02/02/07 13:32 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 5th truck and I couldn't be happier with the vehicle. The wider body, fuel economy, and tow capacity make it an excellent compromise to a full size pickup. It offers all of the creature comforts and handles like a car in town. The TRD package with locking differential make it a capable off road vehicle. Performance is surprisingly strong even at altitudes above 10,000 feet.

Woman who loves her Tacoma!
By Tacoma Woman on 01/21/07 17:24 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my certified used Tacoma in October '06 after a Denver snowstorm left me unable to exit my driveway w/my current car. I've wanted one of these trucks since I was 15 (I'm 41 now). It's been the best decision I ever made (besides divorcing my husband!). This truck handles so well, has so much power and is so fun to drive, I only wish I'd bought one sooner! Gas mileage isn't bad either. I really am a woman who loves her Tacoma!

2005 Tacoma
By 05 TACOMA on 11/19/06 10:56 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I think the build quality of the previous generation tacoma is much greater. I have had dashboard problems with mine, engine ticking problems, cigarette lighter port problems, and door panel problems. All of this within the first 10,000 miles. My 1997 tacoma had 147,000 miles on it when I sold it, and I had not as much as one problem.

'05 tacoma TRD sport 4x4
By kyle on 11/19/06 09:12 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've always wanted a tacoma and I'm sure I picked the best tacoma yet! With its outstanding reputation, I can't wait to drive it for years to come. It's a great truck!

Best ever
By Doc J on 10/15/06 07:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned a number of Toyota trucks in the past. All have been excellent with incredible trade-in value. This one is the best ever. Roomy, solid, plenty of power, 6 forwards, bed tie downs, protected bed, much bigger extra cab, great sound system, easy to red dash, plenty of leg/head room and a large feeling cab (not closed in). Head lamps seem brighter and flash rather than stay on all the time. I love the vehicle.

Retiree Gift to Self
By Len on 09/04/06 22:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first truck and ownership has been alot of fun. It is getting used for its intended purpose, road trips and hauling. Definitely a head turner.

Cool
By tacoma on 06/16/06 08:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned 4 Toyota trucks and 4-Runners. The Tacoma is by far the best. the new 4.0 V-6 has more than enough power even with two dirtbikes, full gear and four passangers. I love to beat the sport compact cars with it. The locking rear diff. works as well as I had hoped it would. The six disc changer and sound system works well with a variety of music. Gas mileage is not so great. I hope it improves with mileage. The six speed trans needs a little break-in time. over all, it really turns heads. Fun to drive!

Good looking truck not cost effective
By IT_guru on 05/26/06 21:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Exterior design makes it a good looking truck. I was complimented several times on its design. Fun to drive on weekends but looks are deceiving. It claims 18/22 but it was more like 16/20 with the 4x4 TRD. The bilstein shocks made for a hard drive. Clutch pedal replaced with only 9000 miles after making squeaking sounds. Extended cab rather cramped for adults but adequate for children. Expensive to maintain especially with the suggested 3000 miles oil change along with dealer's "suggested" preventative repairs.

05 trd 4x4 access cab v6 5speed auto
By bad man on 03/23/06 08:48 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

i have the trd off road with every availible option. i use for work and average 20mpg and have put over 40,000 miles in less than one year. every jobsite i go on people love the look of my truck! very cool truck with a great ride and lots of power. the power outlet in the bed is neat. i would like a light in the bed.