2005 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Great Truck
By Sold on 02/02/08 09:22 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Love everything about this truck.

Great Truck
By Bob Steele on 12/19/06 10:29 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

A great mid-size truck. With 4-cylinder, plenty of power. A LOT of power from stop to 60 MPH. Handles great. Comfort is very good. The new bed design is awesome. I hope they will not change this. Fuel economy is very acceptable. Have not had any problems with this truck. If I could change anything it would be to have had the option to add fog lights and running lights - really should be standard equipment, for safety reasons!

Great Truck
By TDADDY on 07/29/05 00:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Its a great truck with a good deal of power, room, and comfort, im very happy with the purchase.

Another Tacoma
By frank452661 on 04/20/05 12:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

This truck rides better, handles better, than my last (96 with 137,000- no problems). I have the 4cyl, manual, extended, SR5 package, etc. Still Low miles, but I got 28.4 mpg on a recent 200 mile trip. I don't pull or haul much, ATV on a trailer, but this 4cyl has all the power I need, with reasonably good acceleration, and great gas mileage.

You gotta love it
By Bob on 02/25/05 21:03 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have been driving it for a little more than 2 weeks. Handles so much better than the older Toyotas. More room, power. love the access doors, getting 26 miles to gallon. The new bed liner is great with the tye down very nice. The ride is better than most cars very smooth. New dash lay out is great very easy to see all the extra's, the chrome make for a nice touch on the interior. Last is how quiet the ride is as long as the fan is off, the fan still makes too much noise.

fender fill cap cover and seats
By tomm on 02/07/05 07:46 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

The fill cap cover on the left fender has 4 protruding sharp points, that will cut your hand. The front seat (one piece) is the worst design for comfort I have ever experienced. The hood rattles even though the dealer has worked on the vehicle 4 times. The accelerator is located so far to the left that your leg stays in a cramped awkward position all the time. The transmission is real iffy, weak and the engine sounds as if it is gasping for air. I will never buy another Toyota tomm