Worth Every Penney
By dbatten on
2004 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)
Well, I've owned my Tacoma for almost a year now and it's time to review it. I had wanted one for about two years and when I found out they were changing the style for the '05 I went in and bought an '04. I'll let Toyota work the bugs out of the new design before I give it a try. Toyota is good, but not perfect and the '04 is basically the same truck they have been building for 9 years. They've had lots of time to get it right. So, what did I get for my money? I got a vehicle that I can take my wife and 3 kids in to get groceries or I can take a few buddies and enough gear to go camping for a week. It's smaller size and high ground clearance allow me to go places where others can't.
Favorite Features
The overall driving experience is great and the fit and finish excellent. I am always amazed where this vehicle will go. I was worried that the back seats wouldn't be good for adults but once you get in through the small rear doors, it's fine. The bed is big enough for what I need.
Suggested Improvements
I would have liked better gas mileage but this truck is almost 10 inches off the ground which must create a lot of drag. The clock position doesn't really bother me that much. The cruise control in most Toyotas I've been in are useless in hilly areas. It kicks down too fast. I don't use it.