Toyota trucks can't be beat
By Uncle Dan on
2004 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)
I sold my beloved '88 Toyota extended cab truck to buy this one. That was the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned and I hope the Tacoma holds up as well. After 11,000 miles, no problems at all. This is a well designed and laid out small truck. I purchased it through Edmunds internet referral service and it was simple. I entered the options I wanted and the next day I got a call from North Hollywood Toyota. They had the exact vehicle I wanted in stock and quoted a price that was 10% under sticker. I may have saved more with a lot of calls, but it wasn't worth it. I told em I'd be out to pick it up and I was in and out of the dealer in less than an hour. Simple.
Favorite Features
Toyota quality is unparalled. Good looking. Rear seat is surprisingly comfortable. Bed, although small, is adequate for most weekend projects. Too bad Toyota no longer makes a truck this size.
Suggested Improvements
Needs a little more front leg room. Power with the V-6 is surprisngly only adequate. Move the clock or get rid of it. Don't require the automatic and Pre-Runner package. Some of us prefer manual transmissions in a truck and don't need the raised suspension.