2004 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: so far so good

2004 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

V6 Xtracab (3.4L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic 6.2 ft. Bed)

so far so good
By TexasAggie04 on

2004 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a great truck so far. The window sticker said mileage would be 16-19 MPG and that is about right for me. I probably average about 18 and can squeeze over 20 if I drive 65 (night-time limit). Overall build seems solid and the truck rides well on-road and off. Don't buy it if you want V-8 power though, the 6 cylinder just can't deliver as much juice. Maybe with that TRD Supercharger...

Great appearance, OK gas mileage, will probably drive over anything I point it towards. The 4X4 engages easily. Fun to drive. The stereo is pretty good for a factory original, but I am considering upgrading. The Tacoma really is a fun truck to drive.

More power please! I am used to V-8's and miss their punch. Also, the cruise does not keep speed very well and downshifts too often. My truck developed a dashboard rattle very quickly after purchasing, but the radio drowns it out. Driver cannot see the clock! Wear a watch.