Everything I needed...
By TacoTruck on
2004 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I have a base 2wd Taco with Clock and enhancement pk. as the only options. This truck was exactly what I was expecting - no frills transportation with hauling capability, my 88 Civic with a picup bed basically. I get around 30 mpg on the highway, can haul mulch and mountain bikes, evan occasionally pulling a trailer for short distances. Resale value seems extrmemly high. Reliability wasn't what I was expecting from a Toyota, however as it was in the shop 5 times for coil packs and alignment. Also, the Wrangler HP tires are DANGEROUS in the wet - can't wait to replace. I added an OEM bedliner and CD/cassette purchased from online auctions, which really increased the value of the vehicle to me
Favorite Features
Easy to work on, extremely high value. No useless standard features. Also, the only 4 wheel standard ABS for the price, which made the deal for me. Overall a great truck with the exception what's listed below.
Suggested Improvements
The OEM Goodyear Wrangler HP's are junk - the source of many high drama driving episodes for me. I had a rash of very un-Toyotalike reliability with coil packs, clogged fuel system, and bad factory/dealer alignment. Also I'd recommend the extended cab as the regular cab has no real secure storage.