Loved my TRD Taco!
By tacomarc on
2004 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)
I actually purchased my '99 Tacoma in 9/1999 for $22,500. It was well equipped with SR5 and the TRD-Off Road package. I wanted one with a 5-speed though, and it was very hard to find because of the "popular" build packages. If you ask my wife, she'd tell you she was jealous of it. I didn't help matters by calling it my baby. I had to sell it recently because I now have two kids that I didn't have when I bought it. It always ran perfectly. Nothing ever broke. It was great off-road, in the rain and snow. I sold it in early 2004 for $14,500, thousands more than I could have got for any other comparable '99 truck.
Favorite Features
TRD package is awesome, and a good value for what you get. Interior design and layout was very good. Good looks inside and out. Kudos to the passenger airbag "OFF" switch for short people sitting close to the dash (my wife)
Suggested Improvements
More power. Don't buy an XCAB if there are more than 2 in your family. The small jump seats in the back are only useful for emergency situations. 1 kid seat works ok on the pass. side but two is no good. Opt for the double- cab, which I hope to buy soon.