2004 Toyota Tacoma 2.7L 4-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual 6.2 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Gotta Love It

2004 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

Gotta Love It
By Jim Thorpe on

2004 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Awesome. Living in the Pocono Mtns of PA this truck goes anywhere anytime and it's a blast to drive on the winding back roads. Bought it to get me to the trout streams and ski slopes which it does just great. However, I've driven it to SC repeatedly with no complaints and used it to build a couple brick patios out back. It hauled repeated loads of brick, gravel, and sand like a mule. No complaints about the 24 MPG for a truck either. Quicker out of the hole would be nice, but thats a compromise I knew I was making for the gas mileage when I bought it. I am an outdoorsman and "do it yourselfer" so this vehicle is ideally suited to my lifestyle.

Favorite Features

Love the exterior styling. Rugged, durable, and inexpensive to operate. Great gas mileage and enormously practical. When you shift into 4 wheel drive, it feels like the center of gravity drops 6 inches and you are riding a cat.

Suggested Improvements

Move the clock. I have a hard tonneau on mine so it would be nice if the bed sidewalls were a little higher.