Gets the Job Done
By Day Tripper on
2004 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)
This is a great truck with a lot of get up and go. The Tacoma is well-built and Toyota's trademark mechanical craftsmanship has not disappointed. However, there are two areas that have been below par. The comfort is not the greatest. This isn't the vehicle one wants to travel in for long distances! The other detractor is the emergency brake. I can't even tell the brake is engaged. A couple of times I have forgotten to let it out, I have still been able to roll backward and drive forward without realizing the brake was on. In addition, the brake is ancient in its design - a pull out stick under the ignition. That may have something to do with its effectiveness.
Favorite Features
I wanted something with a quick V6 to schlep around stuff without having wasted space like an SUV while still being able to sit up high. The Tacoma accomplishes all of that. I'm a girl and still feel good about driving this truck. I really like all the storage space in the center console.
Suggested Improvements
We girls need a vanity mirror on the driver's side! I imagine there are quite a few guys who need somewhere to admire themselves as well. Seats need to be redesigned for added comfort. Power seats would be nice. The emergency parking brake needs some help.