Very well built truck!
By martinjmpr on
2004 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)
Bought it used in Jan 07 when we were in the middle of our 9 blizzards this year! The truck has been awesome, seems to go almost anywhere. This is my 2nd Toyota, my first was an 85 4x4 truck I bought new in 85. Toyotas are popular around here and for good reason: They're tough, reliable and very well made. MPG has been better than the EPA estimate: I get 18.5 in the city and 22-23 on the the highway. V6 is not extremely powerful but it gets the job done. Manual tranny is fun to drive and gives decent economy as well.
Favorite Features
Manually shifted transfer case (hard to find nowadays!). Good stereo with both CD and cassette (I still have a lot of tapes!). AC works fantastically well in hot weather. Overall quality is excellent. Hey, it's a Toyota! 'Nuff Said!
Suggested Improvements
What is the deal with the clock? It's hidden behind the steering wheel! Back seats should be facing inward, you can't put anyone over the age of 8 in the back of the x-cab! The 2/3 - 1/3 front "bench" seats are a joke and make it difficult to put seatcovers on. Should stick with buckets.