Best vehicle I've owned yet!
By Jethro790 on
2004 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)
When I started looking for a Toyota Tacoma, I was interested in a used vehicle. After seeing the price of the used Tacomas, I decided to go with new. I now understand why these trucks hold thier value so much. The quality is great. Even the used ones I test drove with 35-50k miles on them felt tight and solid. My truck is equipped with the inline 4 2.7l engine, and it has plenty of grunt for my use. I have been off-road with it many times and it performs flawlessly. I was impressed to see that the owners manual specifically states that "This truck is designed for off-road use." I will be sticking with Toyota for some years to come.
Favorite Features
I found the 60-40 bench seat much more comfortable than the optional buckets. The 2 additonal accessory power outlets are nice to have. The cup holders are well designed and there are plenty of them. I think it is the best looking truck (full size or compact) on the road.
Suggested Improvements
I with everyone else. Please move that clock! Rain gutters would be nice, but all cars these days lack them. A set of $50 VentShades fixed that problem. E- brake handle is antiquated- same as early 80's models.