2004 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: A little truck that gets job d

2004 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

A little truck that gets job done
By DXL on

2004 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The cab is a too small for big people. Feel tired driving long distances since the seat is not comfortable, especially if without a speed control. Small engine offers good fuel economy, but the trade off is poor accelloration. Most of my driving is on freeway. It achieves 31 mpg if I remove the tailgate and drive @70mph. 60mph gives 35mpg with no load. In town driving gives 33mpg (this is just for me because I normally drive at above 45mph for 20 miles each weekday without many stops.) I travel about 700miles each weekend. So far I didn't have any problem at all for 78000miles. I do the routine maintinance and are very careful about fluid levels, etc.

Good mechanical quality and reliability. Hand-crank windows. Key- locked fuel cover. Manual transmission. In short--simplicity: everything lasts for a long time.

Larger cab. Move throttle pedal so people with big foot don't hit the side when step on it. Move oil filter so it can be reached easily. Windsheld washer fluid should be sprayed romptly when the lever is pulled. My truck's wiper wipes the dry glass many times before the fluid comes out