2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
My first "perfect" car/truck!
By dJ5 on 03/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a reasonable guy and expected a few imperfections on my new truck, but found none--even inside the engine compartment! The build-quality is amazing. I saw new Ford trucks which already had rust-spots on the housings of various engine components. The 2.4L motor is good match for this vehicle, enough pep with good fuel mileage. If I want to go fast, I'll ride my motorcycle. I think the 2.4L 2WD 5-spd manual trans., Extracab is the best value/dollar on the market--if you get it near invoice. I paid $16,500 out- the-door, including a $750 rebate. Mine has the SR5 "chrome package". I love my new truck! :-)

Toyotas Rule!
By KwanDuw on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Tootas are by far the best over all pickup I've every driven!

Never Quits!
By Grizz12 on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my truck for almost a year now, and it has given me no problems! Previously, I owned a decked out Nissan Frontier and there is no comparison; My Tacoma which I had outfitted with Toyota's TRD supercharger produces 265 horsepower approximately which kicks the heck out of my previous rig... I just love driving this truck, I've never been stuck, the 4wd is the best I've ever owned and the supercharger helps. Only bad thing, you can't get the supercharger factory installed, you have to go through your dealer. However I got a great deal, never take the first offer is a good tip guys! I recommend this setup big time, it is a great vehicle!

great truck!!!!
By stevestruck on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Maintenance free!!! This is the fifth truck Ive had since 1984. All you do is change the tires when they wear out and put gas in it. run run run. Had a ford ranger. You get what you pay for. Now when I see a ford ranger on the road I think: "You Fools!!!!". I took one over to Germany in 1995. drove it all over Europe. Put 60k miles and sold it for more than I paid for it new. They really keep their value and evryone knows their quality. I have seen and experienced the proof. I will never go to another truck, unless its a Tundra. Thabnks toyotsa for building a great truck.

Great TRUCK
By sccrchick on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I love my truck. I always wanted one and now I have one, I am so happy. I cant wait to get another one so I can have two great toys to play with.

Best of trucks:Toyota
By trotter.3 on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

When I see a Toyota add, I wonder why it doesn't push Toyota's greatest point: reliability. I know it will get me where I want to go. It starts every time, and requires minimal maintenance. When others tell me of car problems, I ask: what make is it? Why don't you get a Toyota? The last trip I made to my mechanic, I asked him to give my truck a good look over. I have 85000 miles on my truck. My mechanic came back and told me my Tacoma is in excellent condition. I wasn't surprsied. As a loyal Toyota customer, I'll never have any other make than a Toyota. You might, say I'm in love with my Toyota.

Very Poor Fuel Milage!
By MyToyTac on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have been looking at the Tacoma for a while now. I loved the look and I test drove several Pre-Runners. I got it about a week ago. I didn't know that it would get such poor gas milage! I am NOT hard on the thing, never driving it over 70mph on the HWY. I even put the cruise control to try to stabilize the fuel econo, we shall see how it works. Over all I love the look and the feel of the truck! Hate the gas milage! I'm only averaging 16mpg, HELP!

i love my toyota
By jenay on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

i love this truck becuase it has all the 4wd capabilities without the 4wd price and insurance costs. i get so many looks when im driving it, and it is just so fun to drive.

My honey!
By Myothertoyhasteets on 01/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I love this thing. it seems to be flawless!

Love it.
By Gasman on 01/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The 2004 Tacoma V6 XTRA is confortable and roomy. It has easy to access features and storage. I have had no problems with it and bought a Toyota for that reason.