2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab Consumer Reviews 8

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Good overall truck
By frankuribe on 05/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Good realiable truck, fun to drive tough for its size.

Great "Taco"
By Tunanut13 on 05/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

This new "Taco" is tight, well crafted and fun to drive. I have previously owned a Ford Ranger and most recently a full size Silverado. My ranger explored many tight and rugged areas of Arizona and Montana but did not come close to the quality of this Tacoma. I suspect this Tacoma will be awesome off road. I opted for the V6 Tacoma after testing both engines. No comparison and necessary in the NC mountains. This vehicle is pretty small compared to my latest '02 Silverado but I was looking to downsize.

eeee
By sunamita on 04/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

we are so happy with our toyota toyota is the number 1 in the world!

#1 in Truck for Reliablility
By Drewtwo on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned a 2002 Toyota Tacoma 4wd w/ the TRD Package. Its quick, reliable, built for abuse and equipt for luxary. No leather here but its not needed for its purpose. Great manufacturer of Vehicles. Seen a tach of a toyota hit 300,000Miles w/out major work Great Truck recomend for anyone who likes mid sized trucks. Also get the TRD package, was worth the extra cost -- DrewTwo

Nice truck
By reeohas on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I've had it for 3 months and have taken it on a variety of different terrains. It's great off road, especially with the TRD package.

Love that TRUCK !
By William Dollison on 04/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab S-Runner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I have been very Happy with my new Toyota Tacoma. I would purchase another in a New York Minute !

Serves the purpose well
By spyd3rm4n on 04/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The Tacoma is a great truck. I bought a 2004 which is the last year of this body style. It is getting outdated, but it is a very solid truck with a proven record of success. The 2.4L engine provides enough power to allow you to haul heavy loads once in a while, yet it is still practical enough to drive every day. The build quality is far superior to other compact trucks (Nissan Frontier, Chevy S-10, Dodge Dakota). I would suggest getting the manual transmission as it will get better gas mileage and will be better for hauling heavy loads. I got the automatic because I spend 80% of my time driving in city traffic and don't like shifting.

Love it so far
By TRD Lover on 03/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Just got my 04 Tacoma. Previously owned a Nissan Frontier and I just can't believe how much better this truck is. The power is excellent and smooth. The 4x4 system works great and is easy to engage. Overall this truck is more than I expected.

Good overall
By tacman on 03/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I traded my 01 Dakota in for a Tacoma because the Dodge was crap. So far, I like it. The V6/auto combination is good, but not nearly as fast as the V8 was in my Dakota. Also the V6 can get thrashy at high RPMs. The handling is ok, but not as stable as the Dakota was. The overall vehicle seems put together well but I already have 2 rattles, one in the driver's side dash and another that seems to be coming from the rear left speaker. Funny, because my Dodge had no rattles. Overall I rate it good, but not great, but at least I have piece of mind with the Toyota.

Unlevel truck bed
By flhoss on 03/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

After I took my new 2004 Tacoma home I noticed the bed wasn't level (left side over 1/2 inch lower than the right)and took it to Toyota of Puyallup for maintenance. Their first corrective action was to inflate the left rear tire to 34 lbs., instead of 29 lbs.. I wouldn't buy that. A Toyota factory representative "advised that up to 3/4- inch discrepancy in height is acceptable and no adjustments will be made under warranty". Refused to consider defective shocks, springs, assembly, loose or miss aligned u-bolts or noncompatable components. Where has the vaunted Toyota quality gone? Hello Honda!!!!!