2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
I bought it for quality...so I thought!
By EricAB on 02/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I drive about 100 miles a day; after a few months of spending about 60-80 dollars a week just to get to work I decided on a toyota 4door tacoma after a little research I found they are horrible on pollution & gas(17mpg hwy POOR) but I had my heart set on this model so I bought it. I ended up regretting (don't go to Toyota of Claremont) they're tactics are unsavoury!

Love the Limited
By Carolyn Luna on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love my 4x4. We bought the 4x4 and the stock 2x2 2004 Tacomas. The Limited package added the luxury I was looking for in a vehicle I love to drive it.

Great offroad, harsh ride
By Citrus man on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I now have 50000 miles on my Tacoma. During the fist couple of months I really liked this truck. But, then I started realizing how it will beat you do death off road, and after a long road trip your back will beg for mercy. Overall, it's fun to drive and is great off road. However, its stiff ride and plywood type seats make it a very ucomfortable truck to drive.

Review of my '04 Taco
By NealsToy on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've received plenty of compliments on the looks of my Tacoma. I love driving it. Lots of power when you need it the most. Solid build.

Great all Around Truck
By Derick on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I must say that I love the 2004 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SR5. It is a great all around truck. It is a very tightly built truck. Great ground clearance, good power but could use a touch more horsepower and I have done a few things to mine to bring it from it's 190 stock hp to just over hundred. Torque would be comparable. I love the stock rubber. I have went every where my friends have gone in there 4wheel drive trucks and some places that they couldn't. Don't ask me how, I don't know, it justs goes. I do have the posi-trac rear-end. I have found nothing I couldn't haul pulling or in the bed. I love my truck!!

love the truck
By dave hsu on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

reliability and comfort, along w/solid ride, makes it the best small pickup i have ever owned!

Overpriced Toyota
By truckin Todd on 01/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I am sorry that I bought this truck for the money I paid for it. After driving my friends Nissan Frontier CrewCab longBed with the super charged v6 and hearing what he paid, I realized there is something better out there. Don't get me wrong, this is a good reliable truck, but it cost more, has a shorter bed, less power and torque, more interior noise and is lacking in certain options.

o what a feelin
By Rogcooksen on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

great truck. plenty of power. pulls my boat with no problem. never gave me any trouble. jus turn key and go

Good truck, rough ride
By Bull gator on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I actually purchased this truck in june of 2002. During the first couple of months I really enjoyed this truck. But, then the harsh ride and the plywood seats started hurting my back every time I went off road or on a trip for longer than 2 hours. I am getting ready to purchase a 1500 crew cab chevy in june, and I can't wait for that smoother ride and those soft seats.

Tacoma Prerunner Review
By fpsakes1 on 01/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have found that this truck is first class in nearly every respect. The ride is comfortable and I have not experienced any problems with my lower back after an extended period of driving. It is a very responsive vehicle, with no delay in acceleration at critical times. Nor, is there any sway when cornering or at highway speeds around curves. I have no criticisms about the interior decor. (See below about the clock and rear head restraints.)