2004 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews 8

2004 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Great truck
By Michael on 12/04/04 17:23 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I got the base model no power anything reg cab. Only thing I have is A/C and rear bumper and tinted windows. Love this truck the only thing is It should have come with a clock as standard equipment. There is also no clock in the radio. Speaking of radio a CD would have been better then a cassette. Looking at the way the truck is made it looks old school very easy to work on if needed. Also a locking gas cover is needed.

THE
By Daniel Hedrick on 12/01/04 22:22 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This truck is bad ass! I love my Tacoma, it is the most fun to drive. I wish that I had a little bit of better fuel mileage, but it is all good to me!

04 Tacoma displeasure
By Donald Downs on 11/17/04 20:33 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought new 2004 Tacoma 4 x 2 automatic 2.4 cyl SR5 ext. cab Very unhappy, poor power, 2 pc. drive shaft clunks when you accelerate hard, dealer service department, nothing we can do. rated at 21-26 mpg. best I have gotten is 21 even on highway. If a/c is on, loose speed going up a incline, do to poor power. Don't waste your time. It won't be in my garage long!!!

great truck
By truck04 on 11/06/04 10:51 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

i have had a gmc sonoma before this truck nothing but problems had oil leaks starting at 20000 miles never could get it fixed replaced the oil pan many gaskets finally had the motor replaced. then about 104000 miles the trans acted up so had to go.

Meets my needs
By truck buyer on 11/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the vehicle after much comparing between Colorado/Tacoma. I am NOT a foreign car snob--I drive what works money wise and needs wise. If Chevy had been offering 0% when I was looking it would have been a toss- up. That being said: It is more comfortable on the road then I initially imagined. The Dif lock is great--got me unstuck in mud twice already. The ground clearance is nice. I get 19mpg in town and 21mpg on the hi-way in New Mexico. I have 5800 miles on it with no problems. It is tight and fun to drive, but watch the back end. Acceleration is fine, but I am a light footed driver.

Slightly too small
By 2nd thoughts??? on 11/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my V6 Double Cab Tacoma for almost exactly one year now and for the most part...I love it. However, the head room and leg room are a bit too small for someone who is much over 6' tall. Also, the front seats are not very wide. I looked at the Ford F150 but was too scared at the time to buy a Ford. The Double Cab Tundra had just come out and so I figured would settle on the Tacoma. I hate to sell or trade it in but the interior size and truck bed may force me into a Tundra or F150. P.S. Do not even consider the 4 cylinder in the Double Cab....way too underpowered!

Toyota = QUALITY
By harmsfarms on 10/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

After a ten year hiatus from owning a truck I decided on the Double-Cab Tacoma w/ the TRD package and 4 cylinder engine. I feel the transmission is a little notchy at times, but overall a fine machine. Toyota has refined this platform to near perfection and it will continue to extend this level of buyer satisfaction through the next several decades.

wyo_taco
By wyoming taco on 10/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Good quality,only 20mpg,cruise control is a joke,no foot room for big boots, underpowered,hard to wear coat in truck.

My little silver truck
By Shipstein on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I really like my truck. Beautiful little machine on the outside, and a no nonsense vehicle on the inside. I really appreciate the fact that Toyota allows you to purchase a vehicle without all the buzzers and bells, so many other companies make standard, and likewise cause initial sticker price to be so inflated. All my little beast has for options is the enhancement package, which completed the little guy just the way I would have wanted with AC, better stereo system, and a few upgrades on outside such as tires and rims which make the truck perfect for me and my chow chow, Ming, who rides shotgun. Keep up the great work Toyota

TOYOTA KICKS ASS AGAIN
By mustang921 on 10/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my truck in May of 2004....researched and test drove it for about 2 weeks. could not be happier with it. toyota is the king of building a reliable vechicle. the prerunner looks great, has great handling and all the mumbo jumbo of a crappy ride is CRAP. it has an awesome ride for a truck and u cannot top the offroad capability....espsecially with the TRD package which includes the blistein shocks for a more stiffer ride.the interior looks excellent as well..i have the radient red color so the tan cloth looks good. the transmission shifts sooo smoothly and the V6 pumps out almost 200 horses so it does have great power for its size. you can't beat the quality of a toyota truck