2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
2004 Toyota V6 Dble Cab 4X4
By RRod on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

It is an excellent truck. Very nicely built, ver tough, beautiful from the inside and outside. It looks great. I traded my 99 White Corvette Convertible and honestly, I have not been disappointed. PS. I had previously purchased back in 97 a 97 Tacoma Extra Cab 4X4 and yes, I loved it.

so far, its awesome
By ryanf on 03/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

so far this truck is everything i wanted and more. Nothing bad to say about it. Everythings perfect.

New Toy
By GeoBigJon on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven many trucks but this one is the best by far. We own a Dodge and sevral Chevy's on the ranch but none of them compare to the build quality of the Toyota. Not the most powerful on the market, or largest, but hands down my favorite.

American trucks suck!
By uvlsalsmn1 on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My 3rd toyota! Love the 4 doors and all the room it gives. You pay extra for the toyota quality but it's worth every penny!

Great Truck
By yahoo on 03/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I put the Nissan Frontier and Toyota Tacoma head to head online specs were very similar. I test drove them back to back and my opinions are: The Toyota looks much better. Something just doesn't appeal to me on the Nissan front end. The Toyota felt more solid all around and of better quality. One thing that stood out was the Nissan steering wheel felt "loose" (dont know how else to explain it.) Nothing really stood out that I really liked about the Nissan except the price but the additional Toyota cost will payoff later in reliability. The Nissan was cheaper but I obviously went with the Toyota for the above reasons. 5,400 trouble free miles.

ray's review
By raymond depouli on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

a dream come true

King of the Road
By PreAmocat on 03/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is a fun car to drive. This is my first pick up truck, and I'm loving it. It's half SUV/pick up. Can't beat that.

love to drive my toyota truck
By jason bowden on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

the truck looks great.i drove many trucks before purchasing this model.even against full size tucks this had the most rear legroom.with a bed cover i get almost 20mpg in it.i think the seats are very comfortable,much better than the honda i had previously.the trd package is definitely worth the money,and i haven't had any trouble with the truck.

I LOVE THIS TRUCK
By sqwrilytaco on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This truck was a repacement for my much- loved 1990 4Runner. Line-X'd and Snugtop'd This is my daily driver and gets me to the snow (almost) every weekend. The 3.4L engine is much more powerful than the 3.0L that was in my 4Runner. The truck has more than enough power, and climbs the Sierra's like a gorilla climbs a tree. The DC has enough room for everybody -- my friend who's about 6'2" 250+ fits comfortably in the backseat rather easily. The short bed is great for manuevering thru the parking lot at work, and has more than enough space for all my weekend gear (snowboards).

A Girl's Favorite Toy
By Dayna on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This truck is the best!!! I take it off road just about every weekend (on the beach). It rides so good! Keep on making them!!!!!!!!!!!!