2004 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

2004 Tacoma Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Sort Reviews by

2004 Toyota V6 Dble Cab 4X4
By RRod

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

It is an excellent truck. Very nicely built, ver tough, beautiful from the inside and outside. It looks great. I traded my 99 White Corvette Convertible and honestly, I have not been disappointed. PS. I had previously purchased back in 97 a 97 Tacoma Extra Cab 4X4 and yes, I loved it.

Favorite Features

The firmness of the ride. Nothing rattles like others.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing needs improvement. That is why Toyota made the Tundra in case you want space.

so far, its awesome
By ryanf

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

so far this truck is everything i wanted and more. Nothing bad to say about it. Everythings perfect.

Favorite Features

ride height, stereo quality, ride quality.

Suggested Improvements

putting the stereo up a little higher out of the way of the shifter.

American trucks suck!
By uvlsalsmn1

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My 3rd toyota! Love the 4 doors and all the room it gives. You pay extra for the toyota quality but it's worth every penny!

Favorite Features

Awsome looks!

Suggested Improvements

Who was the designer smoking the funny stuff when he decided to put the clock next to the steering wheel???

New Toy
By GeoBigJon

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven many trucks but this one is the best by far. We own a Dodge and sevral Chevy's on the ranch but none of them compare to the build quality of the Toyota. Not the most powerful on the market, or largest, but hands down my favorite.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature would have to be the 4WD. We don't get much rain out here in West Texas but when we do the 4WD comes in very handy.

Suggested Improvements

OnStar or somting along those lines would be nice for the peace of mind factor. I have Limited Edition truck, it doesn't have power seats or fancy rearview mirror but it doesn;t need all that, this truck will out last any American truck made.

Great Truck
By yahoo

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I put the Nissan Frontier and Toyota Tacoma head to head online specs were very similar. I test drove them back to back and my opinions are: The Toyota looks much better. Something just doesn't appeal to me on the Nissan front end. The Toyota felt more solid all around and of better quality. One thing that stood out was the Nissan steering wheel felt "loose" (dont know how else to explain it.) Nothing really stood out that I really liked about the Nissan except the price but the additional Toyota cost will payoff later in reliability. The Nissan was cheaper but I obviously went with the Toyota for the above reasons. 5,400 trouble free miles.

Favorite Features

4 dr convenience. Locking rear differential. Plenty of cup holders and compartments. Fold down rear seats.

Suggested Improvements

Clock placement as others have said. Otherwise a great truck.

ray's review
By raymond depouli

a dream come true

Favorite Features

everything

Suggested Improvements

better gas mileage

King of the Road
By PreAmocat

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is a fun car to drive. This is my first pick up truck, and I'm loving it. It's half SUV/pick up. Can't beat that.

Favorite Features

The looks of the Interior and Exterior.

Suggested Improvements

Put the clock display on top somewhere.

love to drive my toyota truck
By jason bowden

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

the truck looks great.i drove many trucks before purchasing this model.even against full size tucks this had the most rear legroom.with a bed cover i get almost 20mpg in it.i think the seats are very comfortable,much better than the honda i had previously.the trd package is definitely worth the money,and i haven't had any trouble with the truck.

Favorite Features

styling and good features

Suggested Improvements

you need a passenger to read the clock.cd player messes up often.bed is almost useless,luckily all my gets in it is trash.

A Girl's Favorite Toy
By Dayna

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This truck is the best!!! I take it off road just about every weekend (on the beach). It rides so good! Keep on making them!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite Features

I liked my truck so much that I got it lifted. I have 36 inch tires and a 7 inch lift. It is sitting very pretty!!

Suggested Improvements

None

I LOVE THIS TRUCK
By sqwrilytaco

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This truck was a repacement for my much- loved 1990 4Runner. Line-X'd and Snugtop'd This is my daily driver and gets me to the snow (almost) every weekend. The 3.4L engine is much more powerful than the 3.0L that was in my 4Runner. The truck has more than enough power, and climbs the Sierra's like a gorilla climbs a tree. The DC has enough room for everybody -- my friend who's about 6'2" 250+ fits comfortably in the backseat rather easily. The short bed is great for manuevering thru the parking lot at work, and has more than enough space for all my weekend gear (snowboards).

Favorite Features

The 3.4L engine ;)

Suggested Improvements

The cra-- lousy Tokico shocks w/ the TRD package. I miss the Bilstien's from my 4Runner