2004 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Only one problem.
By Roye on 03/03/05 16:21 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I get 19-21 mpg it's ok. Clunking noise after stopping and then taking off agian. Doesn't do it every time, but it drives me nuts when it does. Feels like drive line is binding up. Sounds like I don't like the truck, but I do. Can say I've ever had a real problem. Rough ride, gas mpg, and that clunk only complaints. Its a truck and I guess I might be comparing it to the Toyota Highlander my wife drives. I had 2 Chevy Silverados (2001&2003)had to take them both back to the dealership to many times for minor problems. Haven't taken this truck back once. The best build quailty out there. I usually only buy American but I finally gave up and went with Quality.

great truck
By patz on 02/17/05 19:19 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have only put 900 miles on in the first 5 months, put away for winter, love it so far, hopefully gas mileage gets better with more miles, 14.5 in the city,

nice truck
By bjw04toyota on 02/05/05 05:22 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Well this is my first Toyota. I was a Ford man but I wanted a truck that was dependable and had a good rep for making them. I put a lot of money down so I wanted to make my money good for something, and I did a lot of research and found that the Toyota Tacoma was at the top of the list of all major points, resale value, durabilty and quality.

Great all around truck
By Bill Nelson on 01/30/05 17:55 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this Tacoma 4wd, v6, 5spd, TRD pkg. The Taco is fun to drive, looks great, handles snow like it's dry pavement, and seems as if built to last a lifetime. I've had only a slight squeak in the dash on the pass. side. I've put on over 14000 miles in 9 months driving to the mountains of NH, and this past week have tackled a 3 foot blizzard in boston with no problems. Great for a single guy/couple with no kids. Back seat good only for storage or the dog, not much more. Good factory radio, cold a/c, and supportive seats make this my commuter truck/weekend-warrior mobile! You wont regret this one.

Rollover survivor
By Deb on 01/28/05 08:47 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I rolled this truck after hitting ice in a snow storm and walked away without a bruise. The pros who came to the site said they expected to be pulling me out on a stretcher. I felt secure and safe even as we flipped and I'll buy this same truck again. I'm glad the 2005 model has the bigger back area on the access cab as it was toooo small on the 2004

WALLER'S TACOMA
By WALLER04 on 01/25/05 04:29 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I was considering a wide range of vehicles, was looking and researching and decided to go with the Tacoma because of the high ratings from consumers and editors. I am very pleased with my Tacoma almost 9000 miles on since July of 2004 and like it, v6 has plenty of power, handles well on and off road, and good service at the dealer when going there for oil changes, I am so glad I bought a Tacoma than a ford ranger, to me the quality of this truck is better.

Ajax
By a. Jones on 01/03/05 11:45 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Truck is high quality built and designed. Runs well with good responsive engine and smooth ride. All acessories are of good design, with exception of the clock placement. Solid construction with dependability throughout

Best Toyota yet
By geronia on 12/23/04 19:10 PM (PST)

It drives as good as my 2000 Tundra

What a truck!
By Truck owner on 12/15/04 22:18 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Had several Chevys, one Mazda (really a Ford in Mazda clothing), and one Dodge Ram. This truck is the best of the lot. The fit and finish is amazing. Toyota builds the best. The interior is a little unfrendly, but after 1 year not a rattle or creak anywhere. No other manufacturer can say that, period. Gas mileage is slightly better than claimed, however my wife has a light foot, and we have never towed. Adapts well to the deserts on the west and the mountains on the east.

Back to Tacoma
By Steve ATL on 12/09/04 10:35 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Back to Toy truck after trying Ford & Saturn- not nearly same quality. Had '90 4x4 Toy P/U and loved it. 100 miles a day- great cruising highway and some offroad. Don't miss 4x4 much- this has height and view I like and handles great. Plenty of power and if this runs like my old truck- just change oil and go. Had 150,000 on my old one and gave it to my brother,