2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
How could I do it?
By TacoDriver on 09/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My coworkers were shocked when I traded in my 98 Tacoma, they knew I loved that truck. But the new 2004 is everything I ever wanted in a truck. I ignore the "Smooth" driving complaints, and such. I bought a truck, I expect it to drive like a truck. The interior is very similar to my old Tacoma, which I liked anyway, so the truck was immediately comfortable to me. I do agree that the clock is poorly placed. (Unless of course, you don't feel any need to see it.) Suspension on the TRD is great! V6 Engine is strong, Transmission smooth, and the truck looks, feels, and drives solid. Honestly, I cannot envision the truck it will take to replace this one... but

Expectations continue
By riverwalkerr on 08/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

Continuing a 10 year legacy of Toyota ownership . Tacoma purchase compliments an aging fleet 94/190K,2001/75K. Traveling home to Michigan UP ,I averaged 21.8 mpg without using cruise,but utilizing varying throttle opening with small changes in RPM that resulted in the best milage. I have made this trip hundreds of times and am usallly ragged out regardless of rest stops. Tacoma's ride with optional 16 inch tires and form bucket seats aided in the arrriving at the destination refreshed compared to previous trips. With 1235 miles ,the next ten years will reveal the story of this investment. We are hopeful as a Toyota will usually give trouble free service

Loved my TRD Taco!
By tacomarc on 08/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I actually purchased my '99 Tacoma in 9/1999 for $22,500. It was well equipped with SR5 and the TRD-Off Road package. I wanted one with a 5-speed though, and it was very hard to find because of the "popular" build packages. If you ask my wife, she'd tell you she was jealous of it. I didn't help matters by calling it my baby. I had to sell it recently because I now have two kids that I didn't have when I bought it. It always ran perfectly. Nothing ever broke. It was great off-road, in the rain and snow. I sold it in early 2004 for $14,500, thousands more than I could have got for any other comparable '99 truck.

My review of the best truck ever!
By SRakaSSS on 08/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This truck has been my favorite of all time. I have always had a Toyota truck and always will. This truck and my previous truck have never let me down. Everything about it is great. The reliabilty of these motors will outlast any motor on the market today. 5 thumbs up.

keeps on going even through mud and high
By ajjr on 08/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

never stops running even in blizzards,floods, muds, and as for pulling others out of mud bogs diff lock works great

so far so good
By TexasAggie04 on 08/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a great truck so far. The window sticker said mileage would be 16-19 MPG and that is about right for me. I probably average about 18 and can squeeze over 20 if I drive 65 (night-time limit). Overall build seems solid and the truck rides well on-road and off. Don't buy it if you want V-8 power though, the 6 cylinder just can't deliver as much juice. Maybe with that TRD Supercharger...

"I Love My Toyota"
By shirl on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

this the second toyota truck i have owned. my other truck ran for about 12 yrs. i would not buy another make of truck. i have recommened this vehicle to many of my friends, who, incidently, bought one! i haul furniture, mulch, stones, plants, trees,etc. with no problem. the 4 wheel drive is a necessity, no matter where you live. in essesence, i love my toyota!! (recommend 4-door, even if you are only one person using) back seat access easier for groceries, etc.

OK it's a Toy
By deadfred on 07/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It was and still is and will always be one of the best if not the best truck made

First Toyota truck
By Mastermason on 07/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Great looks and power. A very smooth ride that sets up high. No complaints.

great truck
By kingdmn on 07/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

i put ladder racks on my truck and use it every day for my construction business