Used 2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab Consumer Reviews - 99 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab - Consumer Reviews

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Love This Truck!
By J Love

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my truck in late 2003, and it just turned 100,000 mile last week. It has not needed anything other than normal maintenance (brakes need to be replaced, tires too). The worst thing is that the accelerator squeaks. I travel about 30 miles to and from work daily and it gives me a comfortable ride. The V6 helps passing the big trucks (I am glad I did not get the 4 cylinder). This is a great truck! I hope my next Toyota is just as reliable (whenever that happens).

It's just a comfortable truck to drive. It's not too big, but I sit higher than the cars around me.

Better gas mileage and suicide doors for the Xtra cab (like the Tundra of that vintage) would have been really nice.

Owner/operator
By l1nda

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

Replaced 5 sets of front brake rotors, replaced ball joints within 2 years of ownership, within 2 years of purchase had to start replacing exhaust system 3 times, replace rear shocks after 3 years of purchase date, brought Tacoma to dealer with frame rust in 2008 nothing was done, another recall came up in 2010 now the frame is completely rotted out and getting the run around from the Toyota company. Want to put new frame underneath vehicle with all rusted hardware this means taking the entire vehicle apart who knows how it will run after that. Want Toyota to buy back vehicle but they refuse to will fight to the end. I am done with toyotas. Drove this vehicle with rot on frame for two years

the interior wore well

Toyota needs to listen to their consumers stand behind their vehicles and

Love it
By Tank

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I love my Tacoma, i think I have talked about 3 people into buying my truck. The thing is built well, barely have to do any maintenance on it. I got my truck with 23 miles on it, now it has about 117,000 miles. My baby has not let me down yet, it drives well in the snow, rain and basically loves going off roading from time to time. I would suggest my Tacoma to anyone.

TRD package, 4 wheel drive, full spare, solid build, great engine, low maintenance, easy to use and has plenty of options.

more comfortable seats, should come with a trailer attachment in all models, better interior lighting.

nice truck
By john

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is a TRD I bought and am very happy with it. Getting in and out of it is a problem sometimes. The step bars are nice, but then you bang your head on the door frame. The clock placement is demented. I have never been able to see it without looking around the steering wheel. I miss full set of instruments on the dash in front of me, and a locking gas filler. All said, still enjoy owning and driving it.

tough as nails very reliable fun to drive

needs better and complete instrument package better seats

Very Dependable!
By Hunter

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great truck! I chose to buy the smaller Tacoma with the 2.4 4-cyl for better gas mileage. I calculate my mpg at every fill-up and consistently get 22-23 mpg. This includes 50%hwy/50% city driving. I am pretty easy on the pedal so that makes a difference. The auto trans is a little sluggish in city driving. It is geared pretty low so it can pull what it's rated for. I just wish it had a little more "get- up." Extended cab was not made for people. It is best for storing tools or groceries. I hate that I have to sell it but with a growing family it doesn't have enough room. This truck has really held its value!!

-OD on/off button -SR5 package -Airbag on/off switch -3 cupholders -comfortable armrest -comfortable lumbar seats -when you turn the truck off it automatically turns off your lights even if you leave the switch on -bed is low to the ground for easy loading/unloading

-little more HP -3rd door for extended cab