2004 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
New Toy
By GeoBigJon on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven many trucks but this one is the best by far. We own a Dodge and sevral Chevy's on the ranch but none of them compare to the build quality of the Toyota. Not the most powerful on the market, or largest, but hands down my favorite.

American trucks suck!
By uvlsalsmn1 on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My 3rd toyota! Love the 4 doors and all the room it gives. You pay extra for the toyota quality but it's worth every penny!

Unlevel truck bed
By flhoss on 03/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

After I took my new 2004 Tacoma home I noticed the bed wasn't level (left side over 1/2 inch lower than the right)and took it to Toyota of Puyallup for maintenance. Their first corrective action was to inflate the left rear tire to 34 lbs., instead of 29 lbs.. I wouldn't buy that. A Toyota factory representative "advised that up to 3/4- inch discrepancy in height is acceptable and no adjustments will be made under warranty". Refused to consider defective shocks, springs, assembly, loose or miss aligned u-bolts or noncompatable components. Where has the vaunted Toyota quality gone? Hello Honda!!!!!

Very Satisfied Toyota Customer
By Seawolf on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 8th Toyota and my 2nd Tacoma. I couldn't be more pleased with the vehicle or the dealership. It's got more than enough pep and pick up for me and is every bit as much fun to drive as a sports car like the Celica. I do a lot of do-it-yourself projects and am very pleased with the Tacoma's bed size and hauling capacities.

My first "perfect" car/truck!
By dJ5 on 03/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a reasonable guy and expected a few imperfections on my new truck, but found none--even inside the engine compartment! The build-quality is amazing. I saw new Ford trucks which already had rust-spots on the housings of various engine components. The 2.4L motor is good match for this vehicle, enough pep with good fuel mileage. If I want to go fast, I'll ride my motorcycle. I think the 2.4L 2WD 5-spd manual trans., Extracab is the best value/dollar on the market--if you get it near invoice. I paid $16,500 out- the-door, including a $750 rebate. Mine has the SR5 "chrome package". I love my new truck! :-)

Great Truck
By yahoo on 03/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I put the Nissan Frontier and Toyota Tacoma head to head online specs were very similar. I test drove them back to back and my opinions are: The Toyota looks much better. Something just doesn't appeal to me on the Nissan front end. The Toyota felt more solid all around and of better quality. One thing that stood out was the Nissan steering wheel felt "loose" (dont know how else to explain it.) Nothing really stood out that I really liked about the Nissan except the price but the additional Toyota cost will payoff later in reliability. The Nissan was cheaper but I obviously went with the Toyota for the above reasons. 5,400 trouble free miles.

ray's review
By raymond depouli on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

a dream come true

so much better then my ford was
By Rcoll2 on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

'04 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab SR5 4 Cyl. 2.7l inline. Best truck for the money.

King of the Road
By PreAmocat on 03/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is a fun car to drive. This is my first pick up truck, and I'm loving it. It's half SUV/pick up. Can't beat that.

Toyotas Rule!
By KwanDuw on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Tootas are by far the best over all pickup I've every driven!