Used 2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

My third toy truck
By T Newton

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My 3rd Toyota trk 1st Tacoma, 84 4 cyl. reg cab 4 speed was ok, 91 4 cyl reg cab 5 speed showed big improvements made, 04 4 cyl xtracab 5 speed subtle improvements. Xtracab forces bucket seats, not my favorite feature.Got better mileage w/91, the 04 is more enjoyable to drive after I installed cruise control, like I'd done on my 91.Not perfect but definitely a keeper for some time to come.

relocate clock to radio pod, it is hidden by steering wheel.

TRD offroad
By TRD_DRD

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

TRD pakcage was worth the extra price. the bilstein shocks are great. But the gas milage is traumatizing- 16mpg? my 4.0 ranger got more than that, it also had better low end torque. Good move by Toyota to make make 4.0l engines in 05. now if they'd just make aggressive exhaust tone, this pickup would take in all buyers.

aggressive fender-flares, great decals.16inch rims with white lettered 265 tires. overall build quality

More power/ or better gas mileage. power rear windows for xtra cab, afterall i did pay $25k! Louder sports exhaust option

BAD ASS!!!!!
By michaelMAIL

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE THIS TRUCK

AWESOME
By Coach Larry

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

i finally figured it out... after several chevrolets, i found a truck that feels right. i can feel the quality as soon as i open the door & take a seat behind the wheel. i absolutley love the coziness of the cab & the simplicity of the controls (doesn't take long to figure out where & how everything works). the A/C blows snowcones, which is very important in BIG D. great look, great ride, great truck

wheels, tires, interior, exterior, the whole dang truck!

clock placement

SUV vs Truck
By Ex-Carwidow

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I traded my 2003 4 Runner in for a 2004 Tacoma figuring it would give me more room for moving a long distance. It was a reliable vehicle (all Toyotas are) I was concerned it being a 4 cyl. but that truck moved and pulled a trailer like nothing. The ride was a ruff ride and the cab is very small. If you are over 5'6" you will be cramped. Miles to the gallon where not a good as expected. I missed the luxury and went back to a SUV, not Toyota, so I have my fingers crossed. Toyota does make a reliable vehicle!

Exterior Body