2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Best vehicle I've owned yet!
By Jethro790 on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

When I started looking for a Toyota Tacoma, I was interested in a used vehicle. After seeing the price of the used Tacomas, I decided to go with new. I now understand why these trucks hold thier value so much. The quality is great. Even the used ones I test drove with 35-50k miles on them felt tight and solid. My truck is equipped with the inline 4 2.7l engine, and it has plenty of grunt for my use. I have been off-road with it many times and it performs flawlessly. I was impressed to see that the owners manual specifically states that "This truck is designed for off-road use." I will be sticking with Toyota for some years to come.

2004 Tacoma sr5 with the TRD package
By ChefNeil on 01/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the 2004 Tacoma, fully loaded, extended cab, for $24,000. When researching the compact pickups, I had read the ride was horriable in the tacoma. The ride infact is better than any pickup I have ever been in, and similar to a car. We just got 8" of snow, and the 4x4 handling was outstanding. When i want the truck to get up and go, s

tacoma
By jamesmoo on 01/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

great fun truck, bulletproof.

Poor Quality Truck
By Michael_F on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased truck from Molle Toyota of Missouri in KC. The truck was delivered to me with a leaky radiator hose & a deformed plastic piece that surrounds the clock inside the truck & several other defects inside the truck. Some of the other defects inside the truck as follows: (1). Flexible rubber cover that covers the seat hinge gets crushed into the hinge when you move the upper part of the seat completely forward, you can check this out for yourself on any Toyota truck. (2). Cutouts in the carpet of the seat for the head rest are too large for the plastic piece that is designed to cover them up. (3). Dash pieces are cheap & do not line up properly.

2004 Tacoma Prerunner
By MaxOut702 on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

this is the second tacoma prerunner I have purchased in the last 4 years they are so much fun to drive and are so reliable.

Nice but....
By David M on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Nice truck. I've only been driving it for 800 miles now. Ride is a little bumpy, but having said that it is a pre- runner. Build quality very good. Interior look is called "dated", but go and compare it to a new Nissan. If the Nissan is more "current", I'll live in the past thank you. They a very proud of them, so negotiate hard to get a good deal.

2004 Tacoma Xtracab 4cyl 5-spd
By DaveJ on 11/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Superb build quality. Everything fits, everything works. Quality materials used throughout. No squeaks or rattles. Interior design marred by absurd placement of clock. Interior cubby-hole space is minimal. Adequate power, excellent transmission, easy to use clutch, strong brakes. Fuel economy is very good for a truck, but noticeably worse than cars with similar size engines. Six-speaker audio system better than expected. Easy to drive, with a fairly car-like ride. Insurance less than the Honda Accord we traded in. Buying experience at this dealership was actually quite pleasant; neither a battle of wits nor an endurance test.