2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Love it
By Tank on 05/19/10 08:26 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I love my Tacoma, i think I have talked about 3 people into buying my truck. The thing is built well, barely have to do any maintenance on it. I got my truck with 23 miles on it, now it has about 117,000 miles. My baby has not let me down yet, it drives well in the snow, rain and basically loves going off roading from time to time. I would suggest my Tacoma to anyone.

Great Truck!
By Scott on 08/08/08 13:58 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck in January 2008 from a guy who did not drive it much due to his job. He had it for 3 1/2 years and only had 9100 miles on it. It still has powertrain warranty until June '09. I know have 13000 miles and I love this truck. It is V6, auto. trans., power mirror, locks, windows. TRD package is awesome. It is fun to drive and very capable off-road. The truck looks great and my friends are jealous that I found this truck with such low miles. I have had many offers from people to buy this truck. It is not for sale as I plan on driving it until the wheels fall off. I pull a trailer that weights 2400 lbs. all the time and this truck handles the job without a problem.

Incredible
By Gregg on 07/03/07 15:19 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned this truck for just over 2 years now and have loved every minute. The Tacoma is an all around fun truck to drive. I've been on sand at lake powell, mountains all over, mud and snow, and the thing just keeps going. I love how this truck performs. It has never disappointed me.

First Toyota
By Jon on 06/03/07 07:29 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Have driven my 04 Tacoma thru blizzards and up mountaintops in Colorado with no problem. Have driven cross country very comfortably and I'm 6'5''. Love the way it looks. Glad I got the 04 and not the 05. Not too big, not too small. Have owned Rangers and Cherokees and there is no comparison.

My Tacoma...
By YoTRacer158 on 03/16/06 19:38 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I have had absolutely no problems with my Tacoma. My Tacoma spends just as much time in the dirt as it does on the road, and I drive very hard offroad. The only thing I have had go bad was the clutch started slipping at about 30k miles, but this was due to the extra power from the TRD supercharger combined with my hard driving style. This truck has been great to own and I would never consider owning any other other truck.

Taco love
By Todd on 01/12/06 10:52 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I love my toyota to death however when you have to move you gotta learn to let them go. I think its an excellent truck however they have started lacking on things recently such as metal durability...they dent so easy now. It doesn't bother me that much but i could sure use some better gas mileage, but i know thats a lot to do with me cause i can't keep off the pedal its just to much fun.

Nice Truck
By blippo on 08/17/05 19:57 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I picked the 2004 over the 2005 model because of the styling inside and out. I have an automatic model with the 6 cylinder motor and it gives plenty of power. The 4 cylinder model that I drove was not enough power for me. I get 23 mpg on highway and 19 city which I am very satisfied with. This truck is fun to drive. You can manuver in and out of tight places. Just the right size for me.

Solid as a rock
By tacomadude on 06/18/05 22:36 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Had this truck for a year and a half now. This is my second truck (had a 2001 Dakota V8 for a year but it turned out to be a lemon, nearly self- destructed). If you want a truck that is trouble free and solid, this is your vehicle. I loved my 01 Dakota (when it was running), but it had too many problems to keep. The Tacoma, while not as powerful or agile as the Dodge, is built much better. As long as you're not expecting sports car handling or power, this is a perfect truck.

still luv the feeling
By jake s on 06/05/05 00:56 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

This is my 5th toyota p/u. I always come back to them. Very reliable truck. I like the styling, interior finish.I would recommend them. Last tacoma was a 1997 with 174000 miles it is still going strong..

TRD Rocks
By johnny_sarcasm on 03/30/05 02:03 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I've done every type of wheeling that you can do, and this thing stock performs better offroad than anything (other than a jeep rubicon). Slight dash rattle but a TSB is available.