Used 2004 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Xtracab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Great Truck
By Driggers

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my first truck September 2004. Was hit from behind at about 55 mph while I was standing still. It totaled the Tacoma with on 7000 miles on it and put me in the hospital. I lived through it to buy another one before the larger 2005 Tacomas come out in November. I had bought another in Fort Worth shipped from Houston in November. I was asked why I bought another little truck exactly the same? The little truck saved my life and after three roll overs, after being hit from the rear the thing was still running, so quiet that it was still running till I turned it off. This is a great truck and I have its sister truck with about 31k four years later. You can't find a better little unit.

My Baby
By Amanda

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

A little rattle has turned into a squeaking annoyance. Other than that she rides well. A little bumpy here and there but overall a good truck. And for not being 4x4 she can sure tearup the trails!

Height, steering control, exterior look, gas milage

Better sound system including the CD player. Little more weight in back end to prevent hydroplaning, and tighter bolts for all the rattling.

Only one problem.
By Roye

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I get 19-21 mpg it's ok. Clunking noise after stopping and then taking off agian. Doesn't do it every time, but it drives me nuts when it does. Feels like drive line is binding up. Sounds like I don't like the truck, but I do. Can say I've ever had a real problem. Rough ride, gas mpg, and that clunk only complaints. Its a truck and I guess I might be comparing it to the Toyota Highlander my wife drives. I had 2 Chevy Silverados (2001&2003)had to take them both back to the dealership to many times for minor problems. Haven't taken this truck back once. The best build quailty out there. I usually only buy American but I finally gave up and went with Quality.

Prerunner look and height.

Got what I wanted. 2005 is already out and the improvements are great. I still think my 04 looks better.

Great TRUCK
By sccrchick

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I love my truck. I always wanted one and now I have one, I am so happy. I cant wait to get another one so I can have two great toys to play with.

i love my toyota
By jenay

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

i love this truck becuase it has all the 4wd capabilities without the 4wd price and insurance costs. i get so many looks when im driving it, and it is just so fun to drive.

the hieght