Used 2004 Toyota Tacoma V6 Xtracab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Love it
By Tank

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I love my Tacoma, i think I have talked about 3 people into buying my truck. The thing is built well, barely have to do any maintenance on it. I got my truck with 23 miles on it, now it has about 117,000 miles. My baby has not let me down yet, it drives well in the snow, rain and basically loves going off roading from time to time. I would suggest my Tacoma to anyone.

Favorite Features

TRD package, 4 wheel drive, full spare, solid build, great engine, low maintenance, easy to use and has plenty of options.

Suggested Improvements

more comfortable seats, should come with a trailer attachment in all models, better interior lighting.

Great Truck!
By Scott

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck in January 2008 from a guy who did not drive it much due to his job. He had it for 3 1/2 years and only had 9100 miles on it. It still has powertrain warranty until June '09. I know have 13000 miles and I love this truck. It is V6, auto. trans., power mirror, locks, windows. TRD package is awesome. It is fun to drive and very capable off-road. The truck looks great and my friends are jealous that I found this truck with such low miles. I have had many offers from people to buy this truck. It is not for sale as I plan on driving it until the wheels fall off. I pull a trailer that weights 2400 lbs. all the time and this truck handles the job without a problem.

Favorite Features

4X4, TRD, auto. trans., Ground clearance is great and the off-road capabilities are endless.

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel economy (it is a truck, though) and more comfortable, supportive front seats.

Incredible
By Gregg

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned this truck for just over 2 years now and have loved every minute. The Tacoma is an all around fun truck to drive. I've been on sand at lake powell, mountains all over, mud and snow, and the thing just keeps going. I love how this truck performs. It has never disappointed me.

Favorite Features

I love the size; I'm able to get into other places full size trucks can't. Locking diff., great stereo, wonderful looks. I get compliments all the time.

Suggested Improvements

Move the clock so someone can actually see it! Electric rear slider. Seats could be a little more comfy. Needs more power when towing. Of course, it's just a V6.

First Toyota
By Jon

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Have driven my 04 Tacoma thru blizzards and up mountaintops in Colorado with no problem. Have driven cross country very comfortably and I'm 6'5''. Love the way it looks. Glad I got the 04 and not the 05. Not too big, not too small. Have owned Rangers and Cherokees and there is no comparison.

Favorite Features

Looks, shift on the fly, stereo, all the compliments I get.

Suggested Improvements

Where is the clock? More tie downs. A bit underpowered, myabe a bigger V6.

My Tacoma...
By YoTRacer158

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I have had absolutely no problems with my Tacoma. My Tacoma spends just as much time in the dirt as it does on the road, and I drive very hard offroad. The only thing I have had go bad was the clutch started slipping at about 30k miles, but this was due to the extra power from the TRD supercharger combined with my hard driving style. This truck has been great to own and I would never consider owning any other other truck.

Favorite Features

The TRD package is a must for anyone who plans on 4wheeling their truck. The rear locker has gotten me through countless tough situations.

Suggested Improvements

The TRD supercharger is a great upgrade to the 3.4L Tacoma, especially when you add the URDusa fuel upgrade kit.